Sunday, May 24, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I'm packed (my bag is bristling with stuff that I know security is going to make me pull out)(I packed chocolate-chip blondies for the drive too, because cookie dough just wouldn't keep), prepped (found my only white bra, the one that feels like a squid is suction cupped onto each boob), and channeling Chicken Joe from Surf's Up in preparation for BEA ("dude, I am totally cool with talking in large crowds. Can I like, sign your ARC? Pretty clouds . . . ").

E-mail and blogging will be spotty until I get back the 4th of June. I will, however, do my best, however, to blog about BEA over the weekend.

This was going to be an intensely clever post but . . . suddenly all i can think is . . . it's here. It's really here. I've been dreaming of going to BEA for . . . I don't know how long. And when I signed the Scholastic deal for SHIVER last May, it became a distinct possibility in my future. My loooong distant future. I mean, I was looking forward to it in the nebulous way that you look forward to the next Timothy Dalton movie. You guess that it might happen someday, but who knows when. And heck, who knows if he'll still be sexy and snarky by then. That sort of looking forward.

But here it is. By this time next week, I will be sitting on a plane, thinking about how my first BEA went. Thinking about my two signing and my video interview and my talks and breakfasts and what it was like to see Central Park for the first time.

And that realization sort of makes me feel . . . feel . . . like i really need some Ben & Jerry's. Chocolate Fudge Brownie ought to do it.

catch y'all later, gator. I have a date with some ice cream.

1 comment:

Brooke Reviews said...

Hope you enjoyed that icecream! Have fun at BEA :D I wish I was going!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...