Saturday, May 23, 2009

Six Things on a Saturday

1. I am completely impressed by what Team Raving Pen (who won the SHIVER contest) is doing with the SHIVER review copies. They are each reading it and mailing it to the next person, and writing something in the front cover of the advanced review copy as they do. So at the end of the round, each review copy will have a ton of little notes detailing its journey! I think possibly that GoadingthePen may give me a run for my money in Future Queendom of America.

2. I have a launch party date settled on! It's August 7th and it will be in Williamsburg, VA. I'm going to spill much more details much closer to the date, but if anybody will be in the area and wants to RSVP, I'm trying to get a scope for the size of the thing.

3. Do not use taxpayer's money to clean your moat. I wanted a moat before I realized you had to clean it. Don't they make giant algae eaters for this purpose? Or whales or something?

4. I am getting insanely excited about BookExpo. Did I mention my signing times there yet? I'll be there both Friday and Saturday -- holy crap, next Friday and Saturday -- and my signings are both on Saturday. I'll be signing BALLAD ARCs at the 'Traditional Autographing Area' (I'm not sure if they have a non-traditional autographing area. Where you sign the books in blood and pear juice or something) from 2:30-3:30 and I'll be signing SHIVER ARCs at the Scholastic book from 3:30-4:30.

5. I have a goal to take 200 photos while I'm in NYC this time. Just because. I will probably inflict some on you.

6. I am slowly making my way through the crits for Team Raving Pen, I swear! I'm doing about 4 a day in the order I received them, so if you haven't gotten yours yet, know that I'm gettin' there!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...