Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SHIVER Launch Party & Final Cover

Shiver Final Cover Okay! I have waited far too long to announce my launch party for SHIVER, but I'm going to make up for it by posting one million details today, including the final cover image! Also, right after this, I'm going to post a SHIVER contest, with a chance to win ARCs and finished copies and music and fun things.

First of all, here's the link to the e-vite. If you do think you might be able to make it, it would make me exceptionally happy (and you do like me exceptionally happy, right?) if you'd RSVP there. And now here is what the e-vite says:

Location:
College of William & Mary Bookstore, Colonial Williamsburg
345 Duke of Gloucester Street
Williamsburg, VA 23185 US

When: Friday, August 7, 5:00PM to 7:00PM
Phone: (757)253-4900


I'll be signing books and reading from SHIVER (which may or may not involve me standing on a chair and/or reenacting scenes from the book with a guitar, depending on my caffeine consumption). There will also be drawings for two giveaways: one is a candy gift basket from Wythe Candy Shop, the candy shop that inspired one of the best-loved scenes from SHIVER*, and the other is a giveaway for librarians and teachers: win a free author visit for your library or classroom.

*one early review from a book blogger says "there's a scene in a candy shop that will leave you absolutely salivating. I dare you to read that one just once." It was also mentioned specifically in the offer letter from my editor. Said candy shop is a five minute walk from the bookstore where the launch is held. Coincidence? I. Think. Not. Don't miss it!

Refreshments will be in attendance. A play-doh and face painting station will keep kiddies occupied so don't feel shy about bringing them. (I have someone else lined up to paint faces, but, again, depending on my caffeine consumption, this may devolve into Maggie painting wolves on people's cheeks).

Please RSVP; the bookstore also recommends calling to reserve your copy of SHIVER (especially if you're planning on buying more than one) to ensure they don't run out.

You know you want to come. See you there?

5 comments:

Angiegirl said...

The candy shop? *whimpers* Why, oh, why don't I live in Virginia anymore?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Yes, it really exists. And yes, it really does smell that way.

Angiegirl said...

Oh, man. Well, make sure to post pictures. For those of us far away...

Darby said...

is there a movie coming out soon for this book? i just got the book and i love it! im excited to know what the whole story would look like on the bid screen :)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Darby, it's been optioned by Unique Features/ Warner Brothers, so there's a good change it could be a movie. Fingers crossed! So glad you loved it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...