Monday, June 15, 2009

The SHIVER rundown post

It has been four days since I got back from the Gothic Girls retreat in Savannah, and I have finally, I think, caught up on lost sleep. While I was gone, weird and wonderful things happened, like one million positive reviews of SHIVER before it's even been released. Also Scholastic has put the first chapter up to read as well as to listen to (that would be me reading).

So I was going to do a long run-down of our trip to Savannah and everything that happened, but first, I'm going to post all the SHIVER stuff. Because there's, um, a lot.

First of all, I got to see the cover of the UK edition of SHIVER (October) and Scholastic sent me their trailer for SHIVER (I did one too, but that one's not appearing until July).

So here they are:

UK Cover for SHIVER

Also, SHIVER is now sold in 17 foreign territories (plus the UK), which is so weird. There will be a Serbian SHIVER. A Catalan SHIVER. A Finnish SHIVER. A Brazilian SHIVER. Millions of SHIVERs . . . Basically what it comes down to is that Scholastic could call me up and say, "Great news! We've sold a Lunar edition of SHIVER -- now sentient beings living on all satellites of Earth will be able to read SHIVER!" and I would believe them.

And SHIVER has been picked as Borders' Original Voices pick (*Maggie struggles to think of non-redundant way to rephrase that sentence and gives up*) for August!

I've also realized that it is less than 7 weeks away from my release date. That's soon. In two weeks, I'm going to hold another giveaway, so stay tuned.

And . . . I think that's it on the SHIVER front. I'm pretty sure. Next, onto the Gothic Girls post, involving fun videos . . .

4 comments:

Eli said...

I love the UK cover. Really excellent. I can not wait to get a hold of Shiver. It seems so promising!

Haha, and yes... Georgia is humid. It is why I'm inside blogging instead of running around outside. Gotta love it though. Home sweet Georgia...

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Heh, thanks, Eli!

Bells said...

Hello .. I am Italian, so please forgive my mistakes ... I'm excited, I read The Shiver, I was really upset, it made me feel strong emotion, thank you, find a book so beautiful and I tore a tear for years .. I do not know what to say, I do not believe their luck to have found the blog of a writer so good and important, I love wolves, I know it's stupid to say it but was looking for a book about wolves ... I love writing, writing a book is my dream .. For me you are a point of reference!
Thanks again

Marta

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you, Marta!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...