Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Five: The Librarian Edition

1. I leave today for ALA -- staying with a friend close to the airport over night, and then flying to Chicago first thing in the morning. Okay. You know what I get to see second thing in the morning? My book. Editor MixTape has promised me a finished copy of SHIVER tomorrow. I know it's stupid, because I don't get nervous in front of crowds or while doing outrageous things . . . but I'm nervous about seeing a real SHIVER. Not about it being gorgeous -- I've seen the dust jacket, so I know it will be -- but because of some, amorphous feeling of GAH! AHH! EEEEEE!

etc.

2. YALSA is considering making the Best Books for Young Adult list a popular choice list. Please don't, YALSA!

3. I want this painting.

4. Those few of you who are waiting on contest critiques, I'm going to try to finish them this weekend. Typos may abound. Stay tuned.

5. Current musical obsession for the week: "No One Sleeps When I'm Awake" by the Sounds. Also love, love, love their "Crossing the Rubicon." These babies are keeping me company on my drive to the airport.

4 comments:

Jessica Kennedy said...

Have fun at ALA!

Woohoo on the finished Shiver! :)

That painting was kinda cool. ;)

ElegantSnobbery said...

I LOVE that song! And my 4 year old requested that I play it for her 3 times in a row. :) She is also a fan.

Enjoy your trip!

ibeeeg said...

That song is a good one!
The painting is cool.

Have a great weekend!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thanks, guys! I do love that song.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...