1. There is a SHIVER contest running over at my group fiction blog, Merry Sisters of Fate, where I post short fiction twice a month, along with my two crit partners, Tessa Gratton and Brenna Yovanoff. Anyway, this week we all wrote stories that were retellings of Apollo & Daphne. The contest is like so: comment on any one of the stories: Brenna's, Tessa's, or mine, and it's a contest entry. Comment on all three for three entries.
2. I'm not sure how it is that hedgehogs came to be the cutest animals alive. But they are.
3. I am seriously considering sending this letter to Matt Costa:
I used your song, "Wash Away," to help me write my novel LINGER. I have to have a thematic song to set the mood for my novels, and "Wash Away" was that song. It was so bittersweet and gorgeous that I knew instantly it was The One. For that I am eternally grateful. However, starting on November 1st, I have to write the third and final book in the series, and I'm afraid I cannot reuse "Wash Away." I really need for you to write something else awesome. Hell, you don't even have to release a whole album. I just need a single. I'm not saying that the entire fate of world literacy rests on your shoulders, but the future of werewolf literature probably does.
Please don't make me ask The Bravery.
4. I really, really just might send that to him.
5. And I leave you with the happiest song ever written. "Wake the Sun" by the Matches