Monday, July 6, 2009

Music! Borders! OMG! Etc!

Okay, I'm planning on doing a behind-the-scenes post on the paper cut trailer later today, but I just had to fursplode because quietselkie forwarded a SHIVER-filled email from Borders. And there was SHIVER, all over the place -- including a link to the exclusive SHIVER music that I wrote for Borders. I can finally share it!

It's here.

I don't think I can possibly describe how weird it is to see a piece of music that I composed on the homely keyboard sitting behind me and recorded in a studio in Fredericsksburg sitting there on the Borders' website. I mean, I know they asked me to write it . . . but I didn't think they'd actually use it.

It's THIS weird, seeing it.

Anyway, that track's called "One Happy Day," and there's a scene in SHIVER where Sam uses that phrase -- that's the scene this song was written for.


ibeeeg said...

ugh. I so wanted to hear the music you wrote but for some reason the borders player is not pulling up for me. Is there another way to hear the song?

Jazz said...

I get a sense of fulfillment in the middle, but by the end I feel forlorn. The entire piece is beautiful.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Unfortunately that's the only place to hear it now! I don't know why it's not playing for you!

Jazz, thank you!!

ReaderGirl said...

Gosh you write such beautiful music, it makes me think your writing will be very poetic! I can't wait to read it! *grr* It must come sooner!

I totally need a cd of your songs Maggie, you should sell some! ;)

ElegantSnobbery said...

Beautiful music! Wow, what can't you do?!

(haha, sorry, I couldn't resist asking that....)

Caffey said...

I'm deaf so I can't hear it and I did post up above too about the trailer and how much I got from it without works! I think its beautiful they did a recording for it too. Is there lyrics with it? I couldn't seem to make the link work, it just went over there and just a small yellow line so I figured it was just music over there?
But either way congrats!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

LOL, thanks, Readergirl. I'll make that my next career!

Elegant -- I cannot make tortillas.

Caffey -- yep, it's just another musical piece that I wrote/ recorded for Borders over there. Thanks!

ReaderGirl said...

You should! ;) hehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...