Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Five: The UK, Fredericksburg and Beard Edition

For this Friday Five, I really have to mention the other bits of blog tour. I have this sneaking suspicion that I am forgetting some, but heh.

1. Blog tour (let me know if I missed you and I will add).

Blog Tour Wrap Up:

Interview about Maggie’s formative years

Interview about what I listen to while writing

Interview involving the one thing I will not eat

Guest post about why I think paranormal is so popular

Interview on what makes my novels different

and the contest to win SHIVER

Lori Devoti (blog), Interview, August 4, 2009

SGChris (blog), Interview, August 5, 2009

Shapeshifter Romance (blog), interview with Maggie Stiefvater in conjunction with blog tour, August 5, 2009


ETA: Guest Post on how I arrived at my take on the werewolf mythology

5 More Minutes with the fab Saundra Mitchell

2. Those of you in the Northern Virginia area and have/ are teens who want to write, I am heading a program for teens on creative writing at the Central Rappahannock Regional Library in Fredericksburg, VA, on August 19th, from 3:30-5:30. Please make sure you contact the library so they know how many to anticipate. Because I believe there will be Refreshments, and that's Important.

3. So I have finally booked by tickets for my UK publicity tour and mini-vacation. I say mini-vacation, because I'll be spending four days (October 14-18) doing Shiver related stuff in London and at the Cheltenham Book Festival. And then only two days doing Maggie things. I'm going to be visiting Whitby for weirdly metaphysical reasons. I had a dream, years ago, about visiting a church in England that was popular with tourists and had hundreds of stairs you had to climb to get there. It felt so intensely real that I felt compelled to ask my English artist critique partners if they'd heard of such a thing. And they had. Apparently, it's a very famous abbey in Whitby, and when I looked up photos, it was the same one as in my dream. Clearly the universe is trying to tell me something, so I'm going. I'll let you know if I explode into multiple Maggie-bits when I see it or something.

4. Shiver has been picked as #3 on the Fall IndieNext list. I'm blown away -- out of a list of sixty, I'm in the top ten!? *dies* I believe someone out there is doing some kind of literary rain dance for my novel. I appreciate it!

5. My current musical obsession. Actually, I had two other musical obsessions, including My Morning Jacket's "Librarian" and Feist's "Honey Honey" but the first had no pretty video and the second had embedding disabled (bad for publicity, Feist, just sayin'.) So Band of Horses' "No One's Gonna Love You" it is. I have been listening to it on repeat for the past three days, though, so it counts as an obsession. The beards also obsess me. Birds could live in them. Villages could be built in them.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Maggie :) I just found your blog by way of your stop-motion book trailer for Shiver. I thought it was really beautiful! and it convinced me to buy the book.

I also just had to say that I recently discovered Band of Horses and I have been listening to this (and 2 of their other songs) on repeat at work for a couple of weeks now. I still get a little chill every time I hear the first cords of this song...there is just something wonderful about it.

I'm looking forward to reading your books - best of luck to you!

Melissa

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Ha! Me too -- I just love this song so much. I'm STILL not tired of it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...