Wednesday, August 5, 2009

LOKI IS GETTING AIR CONDITIONING

I . . . um . . . it's hard to type, because my right hand won't stop shaking since I heard the news from my editor. But, um . . . SHIVER debuted at #9 at the NYT Bestseller List. Um. So I guess that means Loki is getting air-conditioning. And he's getting painted. Red, from what I heard from readers in the last post (but let me know if you've changed your mind).

Um.

I am having a very hard time thinking.

I took a picture of myself right after I hung up the phone with David at Scholastic (with my wonderful publicist friends at Scholastic screaming behind him). You can see just how coherent I look.

Um.

This is making my hand shake again.

My husband is taking me out for chimichangas. I think this will help.

Oh my gosh guys. Just thanks for putting me there. It'll be in the 16th's edition of the NYT. OH MAN.

16 comments:

Zia said...

Congrats!! I just started reading Shiver and I am LOVING it!!

ElegantSnobbery said...

WOOT! That expression on your face is fantastic :D

Awesome news, Maggie! You certainly deserve it! All of it - the air conditioning (seriously how can you drive without it?) the chimichangas (drool... I'm jealous) and the NYT Best Sellers List (there are seriously no words to describe the sheer awesomeness, as you already know)

again, WOOT!

BJW said...

holy moly that's good news! Enjoy your well-deserved chimichanga. An excellent celebratory choice.

: )

Carrie said...

congrats!!! that's amazing and well deserved.

Ella Press said...

Congratulations!

Donna Gambale said...

That's fantastic! And the picture is priceless. Congratulations from FNC!

Ravenous Reader said...

WOOT!!!!! I am so very happy for you and your AC. Number 9 how freakin' awesome is that? CONGRATS.

btw...love the picture

Jazz said...

So cool! I hope the chimichangas were awesome. Your picture is silly and congrats!

Sarah said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! *blog confetti being thrown*

I think red's a good color.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

THANK YOU GUYS!! My head is still spinning.

Angiegirl said...

Oh, Maggie, what wonderful news! I'm thrilled and not a bit surprised. :) It's so well deserved!

Danielle said...

Congrats! I knew it would happen! And chimichangas to celebrate? Nothing's better than that.

Kim said...

Congrats!! That is SO exciting! Definitely go out and do something special.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you!! Still pinching myself!!

Deborah Paris said...

Fantastic news, Maggie! Congratulations! Hope you have a chance to take a moment and savor- enjoy!

Jessica Kennedy said...

Congrats! You deserve it! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...