Monday, August 31, 2009

Meme: Create Your Debut Novel Cover

There are a few reasons why me doing this meme is wretched and depraved.

1) I am supposed to be writing. I am actually in the middle of a very *spoilery* scene in FOREVER.

2) I already have a debut cover. In fact, my debut had two of them. I don't really need to design another.

3) I took this way too seriously.

4) This breaks about every single rule that I have ever written about not procrastinating.

5) Okay, so it was fun.


Here it is:

CREATE YOUR DEBUT YA COVER


1 – Go to “Fake Name Generator” or click

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
The name that appears is your author name.


2 – Go to “Random Word Generator” or click

http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml
The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.


3 – Go to “FlickrCC” or click

http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php
Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.


4 – Use Photoshop,

Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.
5 – Post it to your site along with this text.



And here is mine. Yes, I was a child of the 80s and read a lot of Crichton, what's your point?





I'm far too proud of the little metro map off to the side there.

I didn't realize at first that I was supposed to type into the search engine the fake name of my fake novel at first when I randomly generated an image. So I was a bit appalled that I pulled 'break' and then the first photo with a person was a little girl in a pretty blue dress. I thought it was a sign from the heavens that I should be working.

Luckily, I instead pulled a photo of a guy threatening a daffy duck mug with a gun. Far more appropriate. Hey, did you notice that it's a one word title? So feasibly this novel could be in my future. ;p

Bah, my conscious is calling. Says something about writing a novel . . .

3 comments:

Ella Press said...

Looks awesome!
I don't know if I'd read it though.

I did this too:
http://theclockmonkey2.blogspot.com/2009/08/create-your-debut-ya-novel-cover.html

It is fun.
And I read that when writing something exciting, you should leave it and come back later, that way your mind will be full of new and awesome ideas, and Writer's Block won't hit you. I don't think you ever had it though. :P

xo,
Ella

ElegantSnobbery said...

Hahah, I've done that a few times, but this one was the best.

Name: Ricardo Williams.
Title: 'Tell'
Person I am writing the book about: That girl from the TV show The Witches of Waverly Place on the Disney Channel

I hate to think of what that book is going to reveal about her! And I'm not sure if my pen name will be Ricardo, but that's certainly an idea to file away for later :D

Jessica Kennedy said...

Very good Maggie! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...