Thursday, August 6, 2009

An Open Letter to the Universe

Shiver window at Toad Hall BookstoreDear Universe,

I know we've had some rough moments in the past, but today you really came through for me. Putting my interests and good health before absolutely everyone else's in the world, the universe helpfully shut down livejournal, twitter, and most of facebook. You realized that I would never clean my house for my friend Tiffany Trent's arrival tomorrow or get my novel summaries done for my agent or get my stuff together for my launch down in Williamsburg tomorrow unless nearly every social networking site in the world was handcuffed.

So you made it happen.

For everyone else who didn't have deadlines or housecleaning to do, I'm sorry about destroying your source of entertainment and social interaction. It was all me. I apologize for that.

But universe, I gotta say you know how to take care of a girl. Thanks for that. A bit drastic, but sometimes, drastic is what I need.

Now, do you think you could help me out with coming up with titles? Because I'm making lists and lists and they're all so incredibly bad that the only sort of bad ones are starting to look good in comparison. With my titling talent, the next Maggie Stiefvater novel will be named SAVAGING BRADLEY or ODDS BODKINS: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A HOMICIDAL FAERIE or something equally appalling.

Please?

Sincerely, Maggie

Shiver window at Toad Hall Bookstore

Oooh, and thanks to Toad Hall Bookstore for sending me the photos of their SHIVER window!!!






















.

6 comments:

Brooke Reviews said...

Woooow that's a beautiful display Maggie! :)

SHERI C said...

How exciting is this? To see all your pretty book in the entire window display! Have you come down from the clouds yet?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you! I don't think I'm ever coming down from the clouds . . .

Jazz said...

Last night I built a fort in my room and read Shiver for three hours. I have a little over a hundred pages to go. I don't want it to end! I'm looking forward to Winter when I can pull a Grace by reading my favorite passages outside in the cold.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Whoohoo, Jazz! I hope you love the end!

Jaime said...

That is quite possibly the coolest display ever! Love it! You must be very proud. Shiver is on my wishlist! LOL.

BTW, your comment on Story Siren was awesome and actually makes me want to read your books even more. Thanks for jumping in and adding what we were trying to say about YA readers and authors. You rock!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...