Friday, August 14, 2009

Signing at Short Pump B/N @ 1 p.m. tomorrow

So. Um. I have a signing at Short Pump Barnes & Noble (that's Richmond) at 1 p.m.

It was quite terrible because I nearly forgot it -- it was a reschedule from an event I was supposed to have back in March when I came down with The Puke.

Anyway, so this is how my memory was jogged.

Friend on Facebook: So excited about meeting you tomorrow!

Me: Meet . . . me . . . tomorrow . . . ? *thinking: fans reaching new depths of stalkerness* *if they come to my house, they better wax my car*

Friend on Facebook: Yes! At your signing!

Me: My . . . signing? *thinking: one of us has wires crossed and I hope to holy hannah that it's her*

Friend on Facebook: Ruh-roh! (that is a direct quote) Wrong date? It's at Short Pump?

Me: *searching rapidly* *finding signing* *smacking forehead* I'm looking forward to meeting you tomorrow too!

So sorry for the short notice. I am profoundly grateful for said Facebook friend saving me from looking like an idiot. Now that I am renting my brain out, I'm considering asking booksellers to phone me the day before events to make sure I am actually still conscious of said event.

6 comments:

Not Hannah said...

Hey, is there a place I can go to find out...um...where you're going? In a totally non-stalkerish, book tour kind of way, of course.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

LOL! Yes, don't worry about stalkerness. Until you show up at my house or procure my cell phone number, you're good! And you can head to my site and I have my list of appearances there.

Pamela said...

Don't worry - we all forget things sometimes. :-) It's only human.

ElegantSnobbery said...

Okay, I'm behind on my blog reading, but CONGRATS on hitting #5 and whhhoooooeeee, so cool about going to the cathedral of your dreams - seriously, that is completely awesome - and, if your 4 year old moves out and finds a nice, safe, 4-year-old-friendly place to live, can you please let me know so I can send my four year old off, too? Thanks!

Laughing Stars said...

We all slip and forget appointments from time to time. Thank goodness you had a loyal fan to jog your memory. :-)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you Marisa! And LOL!!!!

And Pamela, I try to be superhuman when possible . . .

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...