Thursday, October 8, 2009

GIANT CONGRATS TO TESSA!

I can finally, finally, finally shout this from the rooftops. Tessa Gratton, one of my two critique partners and my very dear friend and one of the three Merry Sisters of Fate has a book deal that went official today!!

From Publisher's Marketplace:

Tessa Gratton's debut BLOOD MAGIC, about two teens who meet in a cemetery and plunge into a dangerous world of dark magic, first love, and the deadly secrets that hide in blood, to Suzy Capozzi at Random House Children's, at auction, in a very good deal, in a two-book deal, for publication in summer 2011, by Laura Rennert at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (world).

I've read it, critiqued it, it's awesome, tight, bloody, eerie, and sexy. I'm so excited for her. Now all three of us Sisters are published and all is right with the world.

I remember when we first met and the project she was working on then. Started in a motel room with a spray of arterial blood . . . aww, makes me nostalgic.

GIANT CONGRATS TO TESSA!!!! I'm so proud to know her!

6 comments:

ElegantSnobbery said...

Oh Yay, Tessa!!

L.J. Boldyrev said...

Awesome! Congrats, Tessa! Keep us posted!

A. J. Spindle said...

Awesome!

Zia said...

Awesome! Congrats on your book deal!

Donna Gambale said...

That pretty much rocks. I'm sure you critiqued it so much that it feels a bit like your baby too -- but mostly Tessa's! :)

Scarlett said...

pass my congrats on!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...