Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This Is What My Face ALWAYS Looks Like

Because I am about to run out the door for my UK flight, I am not going to do a proper run down post on my Ballad launch party at Fountain Bookstore or my two days of panels and conferencing at James River Writers Conference. Both were great -- so many friends showed up at the launch, it was wonderful -- but I'm afraid a description would pale beside the real thing. It made me think about just how many friends I've made since last year when Lament came out. Has it only been a year? Sheesh.

Anyway, so instead of a pitiful rundown post, I will post some photos that my friend Susan took of me. She was going through them and said "IT'S LIKE A FLIP BOOK!"

Apparently, I move a lot while i'm talking. I do not remember making half of these faces, but the camera could not possibly lie. So here they are. In case you wanted to be at the Ballad launch and really couldn't, this is practically as good as the real thing.

THE FACES OF MAGGIE.

the faces of maggie


If a picture is worth a thousand words, this post is a freakin' chapter.

8 comments:

L.J. Boldyrev said...

Lol, Susan got some great shots! Wish I could've been there.

Jessica Kennedy said...

Awesome collage! :) You're too funny!

Zia said...

heh These are awesome!

Donna Gambale said...

That's amazing. You need to have a reading/talk near Philadelphia so I can see those faces firsthand! Have a lovely flight.

BookChic said...

I'll be doing my recap this Friday. Just link to that (I'll be linking to this so people can see more pics since I took like none, lol) once it's up and you'll be covered for at least that part.

Scarlett said...

Lol - are you coming to the UK to do any readings/ talks? If so when are they?

Shelli said...

im sure you have more than that!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Oh, Scarlett, I wish I'd seen this before I left -- I actually just came back from my UK tour this morning!

James, do you mean this Friday or last Friday? I've lost all sense of time being out of the country.

Also, Donna, hold that thought, I may be in Philly for an event in November . . .

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...