Friday, November 13, 2009

The Early (Horrible) Writings of Maggie Stiefvater

Or, what a bestselling author's work looked like at age 16.

Our theme on Merry Sisters of Fate this week is our horribly bad high school writing years, complete with examples. Today was my day to post some examples of my early writing, the more hilariously bad, the better.

I have to say that I had a plethora of bad writing to choose from, as I wrote (but didn't always finish) 34 novels before I was published, and started writing when I was but a tiny maggot.

There were many forms of badness to choose from, from the very subtle to the roaringly hilarious, but finally I put my writing faults into a few major categories. And if you want to read them and find out just how bad I was (I was very bad, trust me), you'll have to go here.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm dying to find out how the hands and the dress got used. The writing wasn't horrible, but the commentary was classic.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

*grin* WE NEVER FIND OUT.

Donna Gambale said...

That was amazing. But even though you fell into some badddd writing traps, you definitely had promise! Reminds me of Frankie's posts of Carol and the Future Fish --- from when she was 9. Commentary included.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...