Thursday, November 12, 2009

Three Things on a Thursday: the Autographed Italian Boy Edition

1. I asked on my twitter and facebook the other day if anyone would be interested in being able to buy signed copies of SHIVER or my other books online, and the answer was enough yes's to make me go to my local indie and find out if they're game.

They were game.

So, now you can order a signed copy of SHIVER at a normal price with pretty decent shipping (and it's free shipping if you buy over $40 of books there). In time for Christmas, even! Not quite the same as looking into my beady little eyes as I sign your book right in front of you, but . . . it's still signed! By me, even, instead of by the monkey that I am trying to train up to do my signature (he still gets stuck on the S. I do it all loopy.)

2. I am at about 13,000 words on my NaNo novel and I'm doing what they tell you not to. I am going back to the beginning and rereading and ordering and making it relatively coherent. I know this is a NaNo No-No (just say that out loud. Please.) but it's how I write all my novels. I need to be constantly checking pacing and mood, and I can't get that without rereading. Plus, it's hard for me to work in a vacuum, and normally at this point in my novel, I'd be handing it off to my crit partners to glance over and see if I'm on a good path. Which is exactly what I'm doing now. I'm only giving myself a day to tidy and then I'm sending it on to Tessa. I'm not worried about this slowing me down (Again with the hubris). Because I know that I can clock ten thousand words in a day if I'm on a roll or staring a deadline in its red eye. NaNo may be setting the timeline, here, but I'm setting the rules, baby. NaNo is my #itch.

3. I am trying to stop reading the Italian edition of SHIVER. Not that I can really read Italian. I took some years of Latin in college, which means it's vaguely familiar and understandable in a pig-latin sort of way. Mostly, I like reading it out loud and thinking it all sounds very, very sexy. Liek Sam would get laid more if he'd said it this way first. Like (accents totally removed because I'm lazy):

mi schianto nel vuoto tremulo
cercando la tua mano
perso in sterili rimpianti
questo fragile amore e
un modo
per dirti
addio.


Yes, Sam. Yes, indeed. I agree. Whatever you're saying.

5 comments:

Donna Gambale said...

Sam speaking Italian? Swoon.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I know. It's like eating chocolate in the bathtub. Just almost too much. ;p

ElegantSnobbery said...

Okay, your books in Italian - sexay.

But if your books were in PIG LATIN ... I think I would pay enormous sums of money just to have one.

Laughing Stars said...

I don't read Italian either, but my, it does sound sexy, doesn't it?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Oh, we're selling the pig-latin rights next. It's a booming market.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...