Monday, February 1, 2010

In Which Maggie Acquires Another Cat

Not so much to fill the empty space in her heart from Moose but rather to sort of plug the edges.

So a few days after Moose died, I took a trip to the local SPCA to see what there was to see. There was much to see. 300 cats to see. I played with cats until my nose ran and then I said, "How about this one? Murphy?" And he got into my lap when he heard his name. So Murphy it was.

Anyway, for those of you wondering how I am coping with my Mooseless state, here is the answer:

Murphy 1

Murphy 2

Murphy 3


1. When surprised (by, say, a terrier named Ginger), he releases a tremendous stink that Google tells me is a vestigial response to fear having to do with the words "glands" and "anal." Use your imagination.

2. He sits on my head.

3. He likes to eat unattended breakfast cereal.


1. He is cuddly.

Murphy is snuggled


ElegantSnobbery said...

AH! I love him!! We just got two rascally little kittens a couple of months ago... boy do they change our household dynamic.

Is your kitty fixed? They typically don't ... um... spray? after they are fixed. Hopefully he'll stop SOON! That stuff is so very foul!

Moose will be legendary, I'm sure, but I'm so glad you have a new kitty to cuddle!

Jessica Kennedy said...

Aww too cute! He sure is cuddly! Amazing pics!

Mrs. Huch said...

What a cute pal to have. Any reasoning behind the name Murphy?

Anissa said...

Oh! He's a cutie. I miss having a cat, but my sinuses thank me. So now I have a new puppy instead.

Zia said...

He is sooo cute!

Donna Gambale said...

Your expressions in the third photo are shockingly similar -- and too cute.

storyqueen said...

We have a very non-cuddly cat...kind of like living with a wild animal. (But he doesn't do those other bad things.)

I guess there's always a trade off.


Catherine Denton said...

That last picture is cute-a-licious!
Winged Writer

Haley said...

He's adorable! In that last picture it looks like he's smiling!

Denisse Alicea said...

LOL About the stink. My kitty does that too when she doesn't want to be held or funny. Cuddly always wins though!

Ella Press said...

Awww love that last pic!
He's so cute!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you, guys! And yes, I must always have dog-like cats.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...