1. Those of you who follow me on Twitter or on Facebook already know this, but Unique Features has hired a screenwriter to adapt SHIVER for film! Info on that is here. (no, I wasn't involved in the decision)(no, I don't know how he's doing it)(yes, for now I am cool with that).
2. Those of you who follow me on Twitter also know that I deleted 20,000 words on my latest novel on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty chipper about that decision. Sometimes, as Jason Statham has discovered in most of his movies, you just have to kill them all.
3. I was emailed by the ladies at The Crooked Shelf, a rather pretty and active Shiver fansite that supports my vision of Alex Turner (call me, baby!) as Sam, and they asked if rumors of there being a fourth Shiver novel, mysteriously entitled AFTERLIFE, were true. The answer is, um, no. First of all, if I was writing it, clearly it would be called AFTERLIFER. Secondly, I said there were three novels in the series, and I meant three. Three is a good and mystical number. I'm all over it.
4. Tomorrow I am announcing the rules and start of my GIANT LINGER GIVEAWAY. I have many copies of LINGER advanced review copies to give away, and it will be disgustingly easy, slightly international, and full of fun fun fun. Stay tuned.
5. Strange and beautiful deer.
6. My husband believes that one of our two cats, Monkey, is a hellcat. When Lover builds a fire, Monkey sits two inches away from it and stares into it for hours.
"Missing home," Lover observes.
Also, she's a big music fan. She has learned how to turn on the boom box and adjust the volume. The other day I came into the room to find Audioslave belting at volume 38 and her rubbing against the speakers.
Yep, sounds like a goth cat to me.
P. S. I'm totally charmed to actually have false rumors about my series. Somehow, this feels like I've arrived.