Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kiss Me Deadly

Kiss Me Deadly Anthology CoverSo I should also mention that I am going to be in an anthology -- the first one I've agreed to. The cover went live yesterday and it's pretty darn lovely, so I feel compelled to share. It's a companion to an anthology called The Eternal Kiss, which sported an equally lovely cover and was all vampire stories.

I do not do vampires.*

*I also don't write about people who do.

However, this anthology is not exclusively vampires -- it's paranormal snogging of all varieties, and that I can get behind.

Here are the authors:

Becca Fitzpatrick
Caitlin Kittredge
Karen Mahoney
Justine Musk
Daniel Marks
Diana Peterfreund
Sarah Rees Brennan
Michelle Rowen
Carrie Ryan
Maggie Stiefvater
Rachel Vincent
Daniel Waters
Michelle Zink

And my story will be angsty and will involve neither vampires nor werewolves. Just in case you're wondering.

And also, if you want to read short stories from me, I should remind readers once again that I post short stories once a month at www.merryfates.com and have been for some time -- in fact, for the first year of the blog's life, I was posting short stories once a week, along with my critique partners Tessa Gratton (BLOOD MAGIC) and Brenna Yovanoff (THE REPLACEMENT). So if you're feeling like short stories, there is plenty to chew on until this one comes out.

My, that is a fine cover. Okay. I'm done staring. Back to work.


Ella Press said...

That cover is amazing! So eye catching, nice work whoever did it!
And I've read a couple of your short stories ;)
Though I may not have commented on them. Sometimes I'm a lazy commenter.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which I'm more excited about: that there is a companion anthology to The Eternal Kiss or that you are contributing to it (with your story being about NEITHER vampires NOR werewolves).

I'll just be happy about all of it. I can't wait to read it. :) (That's a nice list of authors right there too.)

(On another note -- so there won't be any zombies OR vampires from you. Guess you don't like the undead, huh? :P Well, that's good to know, though it's always nice to see authors give their different takes on certain popular genries.)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thanks, Ella -- that's okay, I'm a lazy commentor too!

And anon, yep, I like my heroes and villains both with a pulse, but that's just personal preference, not philosophical.

Christine Danek said...

Beautiful cover! I can't wait to read this. I have been reading your wonderful short stories. I don't always get a chance to comment :)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you, Christine!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...