Friday, April 9, 2010

First Song From the Linger Playlist

Okay, so it is a stunning 14-ish weeks until Linger's release date (yes, math, we don't do that sort of thing around here. I am still working out how to embed a playlist on here without bringing the fear and rage of ASCAP down upon me* but until then, I thought it would be Highly Entertaining to me (and hopefully to you guys) to post one song from Linger's playlist each Friday until the book comes out. I'm guessing this may culminate in a no-holds barred musical fiesta prize pack or something like that, but further plans about that will be announced after April 15th when I turn in FOREVER and get my brain back.

So. The deal on my playlists is that I listen to music constantly while writing -- stuff that is the mood that I have in the book or want for the book. And that way, when I get distracted or I'm out of town, I can just put on my playlist and instantly get back into it. They get kind of unwieldy -- I have 3 hours of music on the full Linger playlist, for instance -- so I'm going to present the Essence of Linger Playlist -- the ones that got the most play.

*currently, I've found that I could become an iTunes affiliate and embed sample playlists that way, but that would give me a portion of profits each time someone bought a song that way, and it makes me uncomfortable to bring money into it.

Anyway. So. Week One. Song One. Here it is.

(as usual, I have to say: if you love this song, get your butt to Amazon or iTunes or wherever it is you buy music and spend the buck to show you care.)

"Close Your Eyes" by Young Love.


I'm going back to the FOREVER draft now. I was dreaming about Ulrik last night. This is getting bad, guys.

14 comments:

Violet said...

Great song! Looking forward to week two of the Linger playlist! :)

Faith Anne said...

Wow. Listening to this song, it's as if I can picture the vibe of Linger-- mellow and romantic, yet painful sometimes... It's amazing how that works, isn't it? Anyway, cool song!!!

O. said...

I'm not sure how you were doing this before but you can go to Playlist.com, create a playlist there and then just generate a link to put on your site through their Share This Playlist function. You can even select what it will look like.
Is there a scheduled release date for Forever? I know it's still early in the process I can hardly wait :)

Anonymous said...

I love new music. What a fun gift every Friday!

kassandra said...

cool song lookin forward to the next one :)

animepullip said...

omgoshomgoshomgosh I love this idea!!!! I can't wait for the next song and maybe this will get me into other songs/bands!
I just had the strangest urge to re read shiver >o>

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Faith Anne - *grin* that's just what I hope readers will take away.

O - ASCAP yells at me when I do that. I don't like yelling. Forever, I'm guessing, will come out July 20, 2011. :)

Anon, Kassandra, Animepullip, Violet - so glad you guys like the idea!

erikasbuddy said...

la squee! la roar!! la I can't wait!! So super excited and this song is so nice and yummy!! And YES!! What a surprise to see you again!! Oh lay WOW!! Come on SAM!!! Rush for that girl!! Go get her!! NOWS!!!!!!!

O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
O. said...

ASCAP and their silliness! YouTube works great though, we get a visual with the music this way :)
I'm putting the Forever date on my calendar! Extremely excited, absolutely cannot wait.

The Graef Family! said...

Love this song!! Great idea with putting a new song on every friday.

sxswann said...

Very cool idea and good crafty way to get around those ASCAP AHs! Just bought it on Amazon. Take that ASCAP AHs!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

So glad you guys are liking these!!! *grin*

sarah said...

not one of my favs, but if it gets you through the book who gives a care in the world am i right? i have a song that is called what can i say by carrie underwood not everyone likes it, but it also reminds me of shiver when sam leaves because he becomes a wolf again. (cry)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...