Because I am now days away from my FOREVER due date, I'm pulling twenty hour days living with werewolves and have been I terrible blogger and emailer and wife and generally human being. I understand this and I promise I will make it up to you. So this is possibly the worst post ever and the only one you will get from me before the 15th. It's an itemized list:
1. I am totally excited to be going to New Orleans with the other Merry Sisters of Fate right after I turn in FOREVER. Because, baby, I will need it. The important part to remember is that if you are New Orleans inclined yourself, I will be signing books at Octavia Books on the 17th, from 4-6 p.m. The incredibly funny Jackson Pearce (AS YOU WISH) will be signing with me. And possible Carrie Ryan. It will be good times.
2. I need to write a review of Gayle Forman's IF I STAY, which came out in paperback this month. I read it months ago but haven't managed to write a fantastic review, because my thoughts on it are not well-ordered. Short story is, I didn't expect to like it. I loved it. If you liked SHIVER, I think you'll like it.
3. I am addicted to this song. "Walking the Dog" by Fun. It is like Dexy's Midnight Runners had some sort of love child with Paul Simon and then let the poor infant be raised by Barenaked Ladies and Modest Mouse. It's Monday, I know. But go on. Listen to that and don't dance. It's not possible. Your butt will at least wiggle in your chair.
4. Oh baby. Tis beautiful weather here in Virginia -- how about you guys? It is finally spring and you better believe that when I'm not writing FOREVER, the only thing I'm doing is driving Loki. Oh, and helping my kids use their new driveway chalk.
Yes, I love my car that much.
5. I'm out until the 15th. Thanks for putting up with me. See you on the other side.