Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Italians Whisper, Not Linger

Italian Edition of LingerSo I'm pleased to be able to share the cover for the Italian edition of Linger!


They wanted to stick with the English titles (Italian SHIVER is still called SHIVER), but they said that most Italians wouldn't know what the word 'linger' meant, so they asked for suggestions. I let them know that in the early stages of its life, LINGER was called WHISPER.


Italian edition of SHIVER So here it is. It'll be hitting Italian shelves October of this year. What do you guys think? I think it matches the Italian Shiver pretty nicely! (and I would've never guessed pink in one million years)


I'm off to go work on the Linger trailer some more.


Happy Wednesday!

11 comments:

SJDuvall said...

Love the color of Whisper. Plus, it's great that they asked you for suggestions!

Rose said...

I love the colors! That and the simplicity of it is just gorgeous :).

A Simple Love of Reading said...

ooOoo...PRETTY!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I am glad they asked me for title suggestions if they were going to change it!

Elana Johnson said...

It's beautiful! There's nothing I love more than seeing covers. Okay, stroking them is pretty fun too. :)

Lisa Desrochers said...

Love the simplicity. They're beautiful.

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

As much as I love the US covers, I really, really like the Italian ones and I think the pink for Whisper is lovely.

sarah said...

nice hate pink but nice

Amelia Robinson said...

I love the slash across the heart. Very effective and symbol, no?

Pink would have been my last guess as well. The blue is better, but hey. Gotta love variety, right?

:) I can't wait for the trailer.

-Amelia

Caffenero said...

I tried to understand the meaning of "Linger" for this title, but I'm puzzled. My English is pretty much scholastic (and British oriented :D) so I beg your pardon and I ask you for explanation (I cannot wait until the Italian version) :P
I understand “Whisper”, but I don’t connect it with “Linger”, because as my very old Oxford student’s dictionary tells “To linger, means to be late or slow in going away or finishing; stay at or near a place”
Thanks a lot.
Greetings from Italy :D

Maggie Stiefvater said...

You're right -- they don't mean anything near the same, Caffenero -- linger means to hesitate or to wait or to stay. Whisper, of course, is just a low voice like you'd speak to a lover.

Totally different meanings. But they both fit the book. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...