Saturday, April 10, 2010

Numbers: le gasp

Last night at midnight I took a break from working on FOREVER (yes, we have reached the End Times on that novel and now I am working on it every second of every day) to work on my taxes (oh, you don't think that's much of a break?)(yeah, me neither).

I was adding up deductions/ expenses/ sheer crazy conducted with my bank account. Some ones of interest

- amount spent on books in 2009 (see, I put my money where my mouth is)

- number of miles driven for Shiver in '09 (this doesn't include any of my plane trips)

- number of cities I traveled to last year for Shiver

- amount spent on postage shipping off contest winners and book giveaways and books to schools and signed bookplates

le gasp. Somehow when you put them that way, it looks more dire.

I'm going to go write about werewolves and lawyers now.


erikasbuddy said...

Hopefully this year will be more DEDUCTIBLE (or however you spells that) for ya. Keep up the good work. I can't wait for Linger and Forever to come out. I was squeeing to my friend about you and I believe you should write a fantasy collection about the horned god. Oh yummers!! Have a good weekend!

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

I daren't even add up the total I've spent on books last year.
Although, seeing the number of miles you've travelled you deserved every one of those books:)

Jonathon Arntson said...

I hope you see the love we have for you in those numbers. Dare I ask: are we being written off?

The Graef Family! said...

Oh man those are some crazy numbers. I hope you can use them all (minus the # of cities) as write offs. Good luck with your taxes!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

*grin* Yes, There is love. Much love. And write off. :)

Anonymous said...

Lol :) and I thought spending two hundred was bad

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...