Friday, May 14, 2010

Linger Playlist Songs: Again With the Opposites

Soooo. It is now 9 weeks-ish away from Linger (unbelievable!) and it's Friday, so have some more songs from the Linger playlists.

I was going to write about how Isabel and Grace are opposites in Linger, in many ways, and how their music from the playlists reflects this, but I think you can pretty much read my post about Cole and Sam and just insert "Isabel" and "Grace" instead. Suffice to say that they're very different people. And also I think you guys can tell that my musical tastes are pretty far-ranging at this point. Basically there is something to offend or please almost everyone in my music collection.

Okay. Music. The usual applies: if you love it, go to iTunes or Amazon or your local sketchy music dealer down the street who keeps CDs in the pockets of his cargo pants and buy it. Support the artists, etc.

Anyway, so for Grace, we have "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy.





A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
Download Music Video Code at www.roxwel.com

For Isabel, "You'll Find a Way" - Santogold. 


Man. I can't believe it's 9 weeks until Linger is out. Summer is coming like a freight train.*

*Why does that expression exist? Every freight train I've ever seen is always this sludge-like thing that holds up traffic for years.

15 comments:

Loveiny said...

Hello Maggie,
I just ask for your help. I'm a 18 years old Hungaryan girl (Middle Europe), and I want to be a novelist. But I have a problem. I have all the story in my mind, but I acn't write it down. I think it's a good story, ad I also write down about 90 pages of it, but I can't continue. Tuday I also write down only a half page. I can't understand why, but I yust can't. Please, give me advice how can you write down your ideas. I really have everything in my head, I can't understand why I can't write it down.
Thank you very much!
Love: Loveiny
P.S.: Sorry about my bad English :) I love your book, I wait the Linger so much :D

kit said...

Well I love the songs they are interesting
and I can't wait till linger
Green colored font..o..k.. as long as its not obnoxius XD Sounds cool
Linger is gonna be great!

Jami said...

Almost Lover I already have on my playlist. Love that song. Now I shall add You'll find a way. :) Can't wait for LINGER and all it's awesome greeness!

Jonathon Arntson said...

I love A Fine Frenzy, her words mixed with a wicked winter storm and wine made for one of my favorite nights ever.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Loveiny - that's a very long question -- I wrote a blog post that address that here.

Kit - it's really pretty. :)

Jami - so glad you like 'em!

Jonathon - hahahah. sounds nice.

Loveiny said...

Thank you. I wrote the "Butt in chair" sentence to my wall. Really, with ink. My Mum will be happy. The time is 23:01 here, she will be happy in the morning :D But I don't think she will be very angry, I drow my main characters to my wall today, and my head still on my neck. :D

Doni said...

Hey are Sam and Grace going to break up!?! It seems so because of the latest play list song you posted for Grace.

itsmefaith said...

Great! A blog post as a prezent for my b-day!!!!! =D

Ann Elise said...

I love "Almost Lover". I played it on piano last year for music class. The girl in our group who sang it sounds a lot like Alison Sudol. I seem to like more depressing songs than anything else (lol)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I would highly suggest NOT reading too much into the lyrics for these things, Doni! :)

Ann Elise said...

Dude, I hope not.

JSavant said...

Well, that Santogold song burrowed into my head fast. Really catchy. :) (And I'm happy to say that I'm already a fan of A Fine Frenzy. I love "Almost Lover" and "Ashes and Wine".)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

The whole album that's from is just very listenable. :)

And yes, that Santogold is really catchy. You either love it or hate it. Thing 2 cannot STAND it, and at four, he has very particular musical tastes.

sxswann said...

LOVE the Isabel song - spot on.

PS. Maybe it's because I used to live in the town that virtually every train from the East going to Chicago runs through, but I love the expression like a frieght train - think it's because it's not speed (or lack there of), but that nothing can stop it - well at least not for MILES - that makes it work.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Sadonna, I have to admit, once someone said that it was because it couldn't be stopped, the expression became rather obvious.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...