Friday, May 21, 2010

More Music from the Linger Playlists

So, unbelievably, it is now 8-some weeks away from Linger's release day (and I'm revoltingly happy to report that I will indeed be doing a launch day event in Williamsburg, VA, details to follow). And it's a Friday. That means it's time for some more music from the playlists. It also means it is time for my washing machine to die, apparently. It made that sound from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail ("the castle of eeuuuuuugggghhh") and just stopped. I am bitter.

Anyway, two songs this week as well. One that represents Mercy Falls to me, and another which will forever be associated with a certain section of the book (thanks to Editor MixTape for that one.) These are also two songs that I didn't like right away -- it was only after several listens that I really liked them. It'll be interesting to see the verdict from you guys.

As always, if you love 'em, go buy the tracks from legit places and support the artists. Make me happy. Hope you enjoy!

"Rock of Ages" - Gillian Welch


And "Out Come the Wolves" - Jacob Golden.

14 comments:

jojootje said...

I am so exited about Linger, I can't wait!

The songs are great, especially the second one.

jolanda
www.jojootje.nl
http://twitter.com/jojootje

Jonathon Arntson said...

You, my almost friend, have superb taste in music. And writing. And art. And...are you even human?!

salarsenッ said...

Yeah, Jon, I think she's human. Just really cool human. Love them all, Maggie, and the music!!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Haha - um, yes, I am very human, more some days than others. l) I'm glad you guys are liking the music!

Dena said...

I love the second song and I love your books! Can't wait for Linger!

maine character said...

Gillian Welch is definitely a favorite, and if you'd like to hear more, Cover Lay Down recently posted this collection of cover songs she's done.

Thanks for introducing me to Golden - powerful stuff.

Creepy Query Girl said...

Count down for Linger! I liked the music- I could totally hear them as backgrounds for book trailers.

Laura said...

Excited about Linger! You and I are in the same boat, it seems. My washer also epically failed.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

OOOh, thank you Maine Character!

Ugh, Laura, I'm sorry to hear that. We had to replace ours and it feels like money that just vanished into a hole, because who dreams of a new WASHER!?

Miss Scarlet said...

Love Gillian Welch! Have you heard the Dave Rawlings Machine album? We played that at work and I really enjoyed it. I need to officially buy a Gillian Welch CD tomorrow instead of the few songs I have here and there.
Yay!

maine character said...

Glad you liked the Cover Lay Down songs - it's a great music blog. One of those songs was from a recent appearance by Welch and David Rawlings at a Daytrotter session, and you can get three more at that site.

There's such an understated grace to all they do.

Iris said...

I've been waiting all winter and spring for Linger to come out! I can't wait, I just pre-ordered it yeesterday (finally, I know)! It'll be a nice little present to myself since it comes out a week before my birthday *<:)

Maggie you are amazing! Reading this book will be the highlight of my summer :)

Anonymous said...

I just read Shiver...loved it. I can't wait to read Linger.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thank you, Iris! Anon, hope you love it. Maine = SUCH good guitar. <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...