Monday, May 3, 2010

More Things on a Monday

I'm afraid that this week's blogging is going to be sporadic. I would normally say, oh, because I'm so busy and things have been so weird, I won't be blogging much. But because I use blogging as a procrastinatory hobby, sometimes I blog more when I have no time. Anyway, just four things today.

1. I'll be going into the studio on Thursday to record the music for the LINGER trailer. And I'm working on the trailer as we speak. So that means you guys may see a trailer on Friday or Monday (I know you're just dying to see it. Don't tell me if you're not.) There will also be the Final LINGER contest associated with said trailer. More details to come on that.

Baby Pearl and Pebbles2. My mom brought over a giant bag of my old childhood books. I'm now once again the owner of mountains of Saddle Club, Thoroughbred, Tom Swift, Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boy SuperMysteries, and Babysitters Club. I opened up one of them today and was sort of dazzled by the sheer fantastic plot lines. 13 year olds solving mysteries. 15 year olds training Preakness winners. Even when I was reading 'realistic' fiction instead of fantasy, I don't think reality had much to do with it. These babies were formulaic adult books with 14 year old protagonists and school lockers inserted. *shocked face here*

3. Speaking of horses, last Thursday, I went to see my friend Marian, because her Connemara mare had just had her baby the day before. Awwww, right? Mama was Pebbles and little preemie baby (three weeks early, hence the ribbiness) is Pearl. Who was very friendly already and felt like a goat, in case you were wondering. We tired her out with kisses and scratches and "good job being born!"s.

Pearl Asleep

4. And finally, a Monday morning after a week like last week requires a song with some pep to it. "Hermit" by Dios Malos.
 

6 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

That song is totally odd and I really enjoyed it. Beneath the silliness there's a message.

Crystal Cook said...

Oh my gosh, I totally had all the Thoroughbred and Saddle Club books too!! A few years ago I went through all of them and jeez, they were powerful memory triggers!

I had always thought I would pass them on to a daughter, who would probably be nuts about horses like me. But I only have boys, so I thought of getting rid of them, but I just couldn't!

Beautiful new baby! And best of luck with all the new trailer and all your busy-ness. :)

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

I am SO excited for the Linger trailer, you have NO idea!!! Also, that horse is too cute!

ElegantSnobbery said...

Ah, ridiculously cute. Does the baby horse get your old horse-drawing fingers itchy?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

That's my favorite kind, Jonathon!

Crystal, I'm holding out for Thing 1 being horse crazy too.

Frankie, that makes me very happy!

And Marissa, actually . . . no, I'm happily ensconced in trailer making and not missing my horse drawing days YET.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Horses are scary.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...