Friday, May 28, 2010

Tour Info, Release Party, & Linger Music

I completely forgot about this, so involved was I in working on the raffle prize for the Linger launch event. Um, so. It is Friday so that means, amazingly, it is seven weeksish away from Linger's release date. The tour dates are slowly becoming set in stone (here is where you can find the California dates set so far, Texas to come soon, then foreign tours) and first one is the release event here in my home state.

I am very cheery about this one because the same store in Colonial Williamsburg, VA, that held the Shiver launch party will be holding the Linger launch event, and I love Beau, the head brain behind both events. Last time we gave away a bunch of door prizes, including a giant candy basket from the candy store that inspired a scene in Shiver. Well, there is far more music in Linger, so naturally, it makes sense that this will be the main prize to raffle off.

Le Second Sharpie Guitar

No, it is not the original Sharpie guitar. It's a Yamaha I bought for this nefarious purpose and have worked on for way too long with about 12 Sharpies that are now all completely buggered. -- The entire guitar is themed like the books. See?

Grace on the Second Sharpie Guitar

It's Grace!

Wolves on the Second Sharpie Guitar

And wolves!

Quote on the Second Sharpie Guitar

And one of the most popular lines from Shiver.

Anyway. Yes. I will be giving that away in Williamsburg to somebody. I'm going to work out with Beau how the raffle works. And I always get asked if I can come to Wisconsin, Minnesota, Hawaii, Singapore, etc. -- I would love to come every place, but I don't pick where I go. If you are really desperate and longing to have me come to your state/ country/ mini mall, you need to beg Scholastic and your local stores to get together.

Finally. Here is the song from the Linger Playlist. And sung by a guy who is very Samlike to me.

As usual, if you like the song, please go buy a legitimate copy of the tune from iTunes or Amazon or your crazy uncle with the music store.

It's "Girl" by Jim Sturgess, from Across the Universe.



23 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

Yes, I see the resemblance and I am a major Beatles fan, so yay.

Lena said...

Wow. You're ridiculously talented. You know that, right? Amazing.

Crystal Cook said...

I covet that guitar like nobody's business. And I don't even play the guitar! :)

skull.kitten said...

you don't like southern California? why are you holding out on us? :)

Lothfleur said...

Aah Jim Sturgess! I love his songs in Across the Universe, especially I've just seen a face.
This guitar is just beautiful. You should receive an award for all the things you do for your readers, you know...

Libby said...

That's one of the best intro to a movie I've ever seen!
Weird cause that song has been stuck in my head since yesterday!
I just love how he gives me the chills when I listen to it! Great choice!
I love the guitar! The line is one of my favorites from the book.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

*grin* Okay, first of all, nothing against So. Cal. I'll be heading to Southern California right after those dates, but they aren't firm yet - will post those when I get 'em!

And thank you -- I figured, whoever gets the guitar might not play, so it better be good lookin'!

And yep, I love this song. I wish it was longer so I didn't have to hit "repeat" so often.

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

I hope your release party goes well! But that's not really necessary since there's no doubt it'll be a hit. :-) The guitar looks amazing and I hope you have fun on tour.

ally said...

LOVE the guitar :D! Must've taken you eons just to finish it! Also, Jim is very much Sam-like and I adore the whole 'Across the universe' soundtrack ^-^!

GracefullyClumsy said...

*drools over Sharpie Guitar and wonders why I don't live in VA*
And that's a very pretty song for only 55 seconds!
And by the way, Maggie. PLEASE, if you can, come to Pennsylvania! Nobody EVER comes to Pennsylvania!

Jen the bibliophile said...

I am now quite depressed that I will never be able to own that most extraordinary guitar as I live nowhere near Virgina. Seriously, I don't play anything musical and I would love nothing more than to have that beautiful item in my hands. Oh my, Maggie, you really outdid yourself with it. It's beyond beautiful, I love it!

Sharpies have such a lovely smell, don't you think?

JSavant said...

O.O

That is a beautiful, beautiful guitar. I know that I loved the first one you made and showed pictures of, but. . .goodness gracious, I wish I could have a chance to win that (and I don't even play the guitar -- yet)! (Never mind that I have my mom's old guitar. . . Hey, do you ever think you'll start taking commissions for such things? ;P)

Also, I think I need to dig out the ATU soundtrack again soon. . .

Maggie Stiefvater said...

@JSavant -- haha, I was just telling my brother last night, "if I wasn't a writer, I'd just doodle on guitars professionally!"

kikikats said...

Okay did I miss something? When are you going to be in Williamsburg?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

On the 20th of July, kikikats. The link for the dates is up at the top of the post. :)

storyqueen said...

I think you CAN be a professional guitar doodler and a writer!

(Personally, I think it would be great to fill out some form with the words "professional guitar doodler" where it said occupation.)

Drooling over guitar....and Jim Sturgess.

I think I'm going to frame this post.

Shelley

Maggie Stiefvater said...

That WOULD be awesome, @storyqueen! *fantasizes*

zonagirlie said...

Hi again. I've been out of commission with a fractured back and haven't been playin online or I would've come and told you how kickass that guitar is... stunning!
Also, remember- the Stiefvaterers are waiting with bated breath in Arizona :) Jussayin.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Yikes -- a fractured back sounds like you are going to need a lot of books and cookie dough.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Beatles, glad their on your playlist.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I have another novel which has much more Beatles stuff on it, but it needs to simmer awhile more.

Audra said...

Okay, this combines two of my favorite things: author tours and Williamsburg! Having recently inhaled Shiver, I am over the moon that the Williamsburg candy store inspired that scene -- too cool! We have year passes to Williamsburg even tho we're in Boston, so I just have to beg my wife that we need to visit in July! :)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I'd love to see you there, Audra!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...