Saturday, June 19, 2010

Linger Playlist: Four Weeks to Go!?

Okay, so I sort of got distracted and didn't get to post my Linger playlist tunes yesterday. I took a break and went to see Ironman 2 with Lover and my brother, and we didn't get back until late. (thoughts on Ironman2: could they have fit any more subplots into that movie without it busting at the seams? No. No, I don't think they could have.)

So it is now four weeks until Linger comes out and it's starting to feel very close and ulcer-ish and I'm trying to ignore that and carry on as normal. I mean, people seem to like it so far. I will further distract myself by posting two songs from the Linger playlists. One from the Sam/ Grace and one from Cole/ Isabel. Both of these have very specific scene associations with me and I still regard the first one fondly (yes, I know I've posted that one on the blog before, but you'll just have to suffer through it again.)


"Her Morning Elegance" - Oren Lavie


"Get Out Alive" - Three Days Grace

11 comments:

tammara said...

Cool tunes! I've incorporated the idea of playlists, and it's funny how I hear songs and think of characters -- my own or even other writers' characters, in favorite books. (LOVED that Oren Lavie video, btw.) No ulcers allowed, Linger is going to be fantastic, and do so well! Especially with Shiver now out in accessible paperback form. Four weeks! Eeeee! :)

Abby said...

i <3 three days grace!!!! XD

I hope life can only get better said...

Can time fly? This book is going to be awesome, I kind of wish I had not read the early reviews, but I was so worried about what was going to happen to Sam and Grace I had to. It will not disapoint! I have never been able to write in anything but total silence, but I have been trying background music after all your playlists and it's not bad! Can not wait for linger!

beth said...

I should probably put this on a different post, but I just wanted to say thanks for the posts about revisions. Especially, the stuff with index cards and the timeline. I hadn't thought about that before and I think it's going to be very beneficial.

Faith said...

Wow! People REALLY seem to like linger! I went down and down and all there were were 5 stars!! Congrats, and I can't wait to read it myself. Great music, too!

Not Hannah said...

Glad to see the Her Morning Elegance song again. Revision stuff like writerly gold. PLUS--the HuffPo totally used you TWICE in its lead story for the book page. Woohoo!! (Thinking I need to get off the computer now.)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

@Not Hannah. I SAW!!! OMZG! Color me very impresed.

I am pleased to imagine myself starting a legion of playlist using authors.

Zoë Marriott said...

Get Out Alive is PERFECT for the scene I am struggling with right now! Thank you, Maggie Stiefvater. A thousand thank yous. I know I can write it now! Yippee!

Kit said...

AHHHH! HER MORNING ELEGANCE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS EVER. YES.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Haha -- you're welcome, Zoë!

And Kit, I know, right?

Zoë Marriott said...

Just in case you were wondering: I finished the scene. Yay! Only 57,000 words to go... By October... Ha ha. *Starts biting nails*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...