Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten Things on a Tuesday

1. I got distracted by writing over the weekend and Monday and didn't get to do my final revision post with samples. I will do that this week, I promise.


2. Canadians! Shiver has been nominated for the Teen Read Awards, hosted by Indigo. It's sort of a big deal, so if you loved Shiver, if you would vote for me (you can win prizes, or so they tell me) would you vote for it? Here.


My car's nice butt3. Ever since I got Loki, my '73 Camaro, I've had the idea that I wanted to convert it to electric when technology could make a bad-a$$ electric car. Now, I know with the Tesla (0-60 in 4 seconds) that it's totally possible. Even though I'll miss the fantastic growl, this makes me think it's time for us to change. I'm looking for places that do high-performance conversions now because begging Tesla for help seems slightly excessive. if any of y'all have any leads -- lemme know, would you?


4. Folks kept asking me to design Shiver shirts and swag. I finally buckled down and here they are.


5. Booksellers: if you are doing an event for Linger's release, please let me know! I'm sending bookmarks and totes to bookstores who are doing Linger release events of all sorts. 


6. Over on Merry Sisters of Fate, we did a roundtable on revision.


7. Insert numbers 8-10 here.

12 comments:

Lena said...

I so want a Shiver tote!

*calls local bookstore*

Miss Scarlet said...

Hmm, I wonder if they'll let me do something for Linger at work. HOPE SO!

Tura Lura said...

Once upon a time, there was a group at/near Appalachian State University (in Boone, NC) that did electric car conversions for a reasonable fee. I've no clue whether that group still exists or not...

I should have looked into that *before* commenting.

kit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Variety said...

Is Loki diesel? Convert to natural gas, which is actually a diesel/CNG hybrid: excellent gas mileage, better for environment than electric (ask my mechanic hubby), and more power than you'd know what to do with. If you want more info, let me know - my hubby's CNG certified.

molly (a dazzling distraction) said...

The tree on the shiver designs is awesome! My husband tells me that the last thing I need is another coffee mug or tote bag, but then again . . . they are quite practical for a coffee drinking teacher!

Do you think you'll add products for "Linger" when it comes out?

sxswann said...

Maggie these are SOOOO cool. I have way to many t-shirts, mugs, bags, etc. But if you think that will stop me, think again!

Sadonna

JSavant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JSavant said...

(Ah, typos are the banes of my existence.)

Gasp. Revision roundtable from the Merry Sisters of Fate?! NEAT! *must read*

And I adore the Shiver tote AND the yellow messenger bag. Can't wait to see if you add items for Linger! :D

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Thanks, Variety -- if your hubby knows of websites where I could do some research, that would be fantastic!!

Tura Lura - haha. I'll see what google will help me find.

Thank you guys for the nice comments on the Shiver swag -- I'll admit I bought some for myself. I know, I KNOW. I may add Linger stuff later . . .

Jen said...

Oh my gosh thanks to the randomness of visiting blogs I came across one that was giving you an award! I had no idea you had a blog (yes I realize I'm a little slow!)

I look forward to seeing you in Houston at the Blue Willow Bookshop for your book tour on Linger!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Haha, I do indeed blog, Jen! I'm glad you found me and I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...