1. My publicist overnighted me preservative free cookies from across the country. I'm serious. If this is what bestsellerdom looks like . . . I'LL TAKE IT.
2. In between eating cookies, I am eating yogurt with a coffee stirrer in my hotel room, because I am too lazy to go downstairs in search of a spoon. Also, that would require putting pants on and that is not on the agenda at the moment. Working on FOREVER is.
3. Last night's book signing was so amazing. One of the readers sang a song she'd written about Sam and Grace. Also, the store had folded a million paper cranes and hung them everywhere. I was duly impressed.
4. I've discovered bad things about myself on tour. Like, I don't put pants on if I'm not going to leave my room. Did I mention this already? Also, I will do unreal things for preservative-free cookies while at home away from home, which is probably why my publicist decided to curb my more unreasonable urges with overnighted cookies. I am calmer now.
5. I'm in L.A. and it's very L.A. out there. For instance, there is an Oscar Meyer WienerMobile parked outside my hotel. No, it's not my ride.
6. Tonight, I have an event at Once Upon a Time in Montrose, CA at 6 p.m. And yes, I will sign as many books as you bring -- SO LONG as you buy at least one from the hosting store. And tomorrow -- TEXAS! I will find preservative free Tex Mex. I will. It just isn't an option.
7. I think I left my PJ pants in San Francisco.
8. Coffee stirrers are not good eating implements.
9. While flying, I am reading THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON MUSIC and I like it, because it makes me feel clever.
10. If you come see me at any of my tour events today through Thursday, I will tell you this: I will put pants on for them.