Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Music Post: This Week's Spoils

I get asked often enough about this that I guess I will make it a habit -- every Friday I'll post the music I've bought over the course of the week. In case the studio audience wants to follow along at home?*

*I always wanted to say that.

Tomorrow I have that signing in Fredericksburg, but after I get home, I reckon I will buckle down and actually post all the links to the blog posts and interviews that came out when Linger came out. Also, if you haven't been reading the comments to the reading post . . .man, you should. They're fascinating! 

Anyway, this week's music, odd because I am between-ish manuscripts and so I am caught between collecting music for the new book, listening to stuff from the old book, and buying stuff that just makes me cheerful:

"Pathetic Fallacy" - Trevor Morris (The Tudors)
"Tell Me True" - Sarah Jarosz
Otherworld - Lunasa (entire album to replace my damaged disc)
Harvest Storm - Altan (entire album to replace lost disc)
"The Lass of Aughrim" - Beth Patterson
"Hug Air A'Bhonaid Mhoir" - Julie Fowlis
"Illyrian Dawn" - Bill Whelan
"A Game of Cricket"  - Adrian Johnston
"Say It Right" - Nelly Furtado
False Priest - Of Montreal (album pre-ordered in its entirety because that's how I roll).



as always, if you hear something you like, please support the artists and do what I do . . . drop a buck to buy the the track.

5 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

Man!! I love of Montreal. "Hydra Fancies" is such an amazing song.

Thanks for sharing the other artists too.

Lixi said...

I love that you post music it makes my day, week, month fantastic...thank You::..

Agnès said...

Godmorning Maggie!
I have a question that I've been thinking about for a pretty long time:

In Shiver, Sams read often poems by Rilke. Why did you pick Rainer Maria Rilke? Was it hard to pick or was like obvious from the start?

Hugs from Sweden!

I hope life can only get better said...

I was thinking the same thing as the above post by Lixi. After reading Shiver and Linger I have started to read Rilke. I love poetry and was happy to discover him. How did you pick Rilke?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

@Agnès & ihope -
I don't remember the exact moment that I thought that Rilke was going to be Sam's main focus. I was reading it for personal edification when I ran across a line that perfectly described Sam's debate about wolf vs. human, and I knew that had to go in. It was all downhill from there! *grin*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...