Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I was going to write something useful

First I was going to post about how I am going about writing Secret Novel, even if I can't talk about Secret Novel's plot. Then I was going to post about how it was that I thought I came to be such a voracious reader.

But then I got distracted by finally choosing the paint color for Loki (yes, I've been talking about this for a long time). This is Loki, now. From this angle you can not see the nicks, scratches, and snow shovel mark in the paint. But I promise you, it's there. If you are coming to the Fredericksburg, Virginia signing I have this weekend, you'll see it in person.


And this is the lovely color I am painting him. If you can't tell the difference, I don't want to know. Most exciting part? I'm also getting the windshield fixed so it will stop raining on the inside every time it rains on the outside.


This is probably only interesting to me. But because it is my blog, now you're stuck with the knowledge. This is where I say:

MUAHAHAHHAA.


And go back to writing Secret Novel.

ETA: This is a car in Loki's New Color, which is "Tangerine Kandy." Though it is not Loki. Because please, those wheels?

12 comments:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

LOL! I LOVE the new color. I'm glad I got to see Loki before the big makeover:)

Crystal Cook said...

That is going to be sweet. My husband used to have a muscle car when we were dating and first married. But alas, we had to sell it because of our intense newlywed poverty. It was orange and LOUD.

Don't feel like you have to answer this when you're so busy, but I've been wondering for a while if you still do your colored pencil drawings? I really love them and was just curious.

Alkyoni said...

It is lovely. By the way, just got Linger from stores today. It *finally* arrived. Am going to start it next week, at Lefkada.

Not Hannah said...

Oooh, shiiiiiiinyyyy....

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Love the new colour. :)

Jonathon Arntson said...

That color is delicious.

Tracey J said...

I can see someone driving that car down a california street, that color is very bright and pretty.

Zoë Marriott said...

I'm not sure what to say to this post. I want to be supportive, but at the same time...tangerine? Weren't you going to paint Loki gleaming black like the Batmobile? I was *looking forward to that*.

Frankly, I feel that I have been lied to.

Good day, Sir.

TheBookWitch said...

Oh! Loki is awesome! And I'm loving the colour :-) Would love to see Loki "in person" as it were, (and you too Maggie!), but it's a bit far from New Zealand :-( Maybe one day you'll get the chance to come down under?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Yes! Crystal, LOUD! *grin* I haven't worked with my colored pencils in quite awhile, but I have a project in mind for next year that should keep me sharpening them for quite a bit of it. We'll see . . . and thank you. :)

@Zoe - I actually put it to a vote last year on my blog and the reds won over the black, so red it stays (just a BETTER RED).

@The Book Witch - I would like to make it to Kiwiland, but I think that might be a bit of a drive for Loki. :)

maine character said...

I just read the candy store scene in SHIVER, and that color took me right back to it - "caramel and brown sugar" and "nuts, buttery, warm, earthy."

Zoë Marriott said...

Oh. Well. I guess I'd better shut the hell up then. And get used to tangerine.

*Stupid brain. Stupid false memories*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...