Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Professional Authors Never Procrastinate

or doodle when they should be writing. I don't know what you're talking about.


Actually chat between Professional Writers who were supposedly working:

Brenna: but people can own it and mine it and stuff?
 me: yep.
  except for 1/4 of it.
  which is the Boundary Water Canoe Area  OH!
  BAND NAME ALERT
 Brenna: hahahaha
 me: Wolf Canoes' hit single "Yes, I'm F*ing Endangered" climbed the charts this week . . .
  of course it becomes more indie when you make it Wolves in Canoes
 Brenna: that's automatically obscure
 me: then their single becomes "Thirty Percent Conifer"
 Brenna: and it's only ever on the charts in Belgium

7 comments:

beth said...

I wish I could be a professional writer procrastinating. Instead of an amateur procrastinating. Maybe, if I keep editing this ms until nothing is left I can be! Haha.

Amy said...

Haha this is quite ironic because I found this when my friend and I were talking about how she was going to doodle and stuff instead of writing this essay that we have to finish.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

The difference is I used to procrastinate from my artist job by writing novels, and now I procrastinate from my novels by doodling . . .

Justinaa said...

Hay Maggie. I'm verry like book shiver now i'm don it. So i'm very very want to see the film. (I'm from Lithuania so do not speak good English ) Please say me Where can I see shiver movie.Please....Thanks in advance

BenCracknell said...

I only procrastinate when I'm reading YOUR damn books. When I tried your advice on how to start a novel breading the first pages of me favourite books, I found myself reading the first page of Shiver. Then the first chapter, just for good measures. Then I needed to see how to respond to that first chapter. Then there was Sam, a sexy wolf boy, so I NEEDED to read. And quite a few hours later, I had finished Shiver for the nth time, had nothing on my Word Document and a print in my cheeck from my pillow. Sigh, I'd be angry if it was a bad book. Luckily for you, it isn't. It was certainly worth the not-writing time.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

@Ben -- hahahahha! I should feel guilty . . .

@Justinaa - I'm so glad you liked Shiver! I don't have firm details on the movie yet, unfortunately!

Justinaa said...

Thanks : )
I'm just love shiver...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...