Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Music: Also, Cole's voice. Possibly.

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to the overwhelming response to my art post. I really, literally, truly could not have made a decision without you guys and I hope I'll be able to share the reason behind that decision in the not too distant future.

Second, I'm not so sure about these Friday music posts. They make me realize how fast time is going by on the way to my overseas tour. Because this Friday was really close to last Friday, did you notice?

This week I had a blissful amount of time off the computer and not drafting, so my list is pretty short this week. Music I've added to my collection since last Friday (and remember if you love any of it, go drop a buck on it on iTunes or from the Awesome Music Vending Machine of your choice).

"Far Away" - Jose Gonzalez (this was from a blog reader -- THANK YOU)
"Hiraeth am Feirion" - Branwen
"Fermanagh Highland / Donegal Highland" - Altan
"Raining Nextdoor" - Ringside

and this song, "Struggle," by Ringside, that puts me in mind of what I think Cole from LINGER's singing voice might sound like, though not necessarily NARKOTIKA's sound.* I also have to add that this song wins the "song most likely to be pounded out of a '73 Camaro's open windows" award for this week.

*I get asked a lot how to pronounce NARKOTIKA, which bemuses me as I thought it was obvious that the root word was "narcotic" -- but apparently it is far from obvious. I also get asked why it's capitalized and that also seems obvious. BECAUSE IT'S LOUDER THAT WAY.


KT said...

Haha, don't worry! I read it as narcotic-ah! :) And I love how Cole's voice sounds. A lot.

Zoë Marriott said...

I don't really have anything useful to add. I just wanted to show off my new icon. Yes, it's manga based. Yes, it's a joke very few people will get. Yes, I am that big a geek.

I'm looking forward to listening to the new music pics though. Thanks.

I'll just...go now.

Agnès said...

Thank you Maggie for posting how Cole might sound like C: Haven't really though about how his voice would sound, so it was interesting.

Cammeron said...


now for sams voice.....

umblaettern said... Somehow this is what I imagine Cole to look ans sound like. Maybe add a little bit more Rockstar attitude (;

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Oh, sure, @umblaettern -- I can see it. However, you can keep him. I'll take the car. Thanks. You may deliver it to Virginia.

Redstar55 said...

Hmm I imagined his voice more like coldplay's chris martin's. Haha that's just probably because I love coldplay.

Anonymous said...

I imagined Sam's voice like this:

Maggie Stiefvater said...

@Anon - awwww, nice video!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...