Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Music: The End of FOREVER edition

I feel a little weird tonight. Remember how I said awhile ago I finished FOREVER and then a little less while ago that I threw out that version of FOREVER in its entirety because I wasn't happy with it? Well, today, I finished it for real. I mean, I can feel it in my bones. Before, it never really felt true, saying I was done. I didn't believe it. But now, I'm so done that it's scary. I am wandering around my house looking shell-shocked.



So I promised to post the music that I'd found each week on Friday, and so here is both this week and last week's list (last week's Friday being taken over by the Linger playlists). My finds for the week are dominated in large part by writing FOREVER. As usual, if you love any of them, don't be a jerkface poopoo head. Go drop a buck on them at iTunes or Amazon or your local mp3 peddlar who hangs out by your bus stop looking skechy.

"A Game of Cricket" - Adrian Johnston (Becoming Jane)
"When I Decide" - My Terrible Friend
"Deeper Well" - The Wailin' Jennies
"If You Think You Need Some Lovin' - "Pomplamoose"
"Cello Song" - The Books with Jose Gonzalez
"Undying Love" - Two Steps from Hell

Man, listening to these now, really really really is making me feel weird, because I listened to them on continuous repeat for certain FOREVER scenes and now I'm thinking OH GAWD I HAVE SAID EVERYTHING I NEED TO SAY ABOUT THESE PEOPLE.

Oh, fine, yes, I know I'm neurotic. You don't have to tell me. I know. I KNOW.


maine character said...

I love the Wailin' Jennys. First discovered them in Mary Stuart Masterton's "The Cake Eaters."

And congrats on the final edits! Eeek. I think I'd be running about, sobbing, celebrating, and then taking a big break. With cookies.

RaShelle said...

Glad you finished FOREVER. Congrats!!! I just finished SHIVER a few days ago. Told a friend it had the best ending I've read in a long time - meant it too. =D

Zoƫ Marriott said...

There, there, poor thing. Post book blues are *horrible*. I usually go out and spend way too much money on new books to take my mind off it. I also eat a lot of cookies, but I'm sure you're already doing that.

Anyway, great playlist.

Beth said...

Maggie, congrats on refinishing your book! But when you throw out a ms cuz it's not working and have to start all over, where do u start from? Are the fragments of what was previously written still there lingering in your mind, or is it really a fresh start?

Maggie Stiefvater said...

@Maine Character - um, yes, that's sort of how it's going down.

@RaShelle - thank you. :)

@Zoe - I'm definitely doing the reading thing and luckily for me, I had another project started, so I'm not quite cold turkey. Otherwise *shudder*

@Beth - Oh, the things that I learned from the old manuscript were still there. Some of the events stayed the same, but the way they were told changed dramatically. The biggest thing I wasn't nailing to my happiness was the mood I wanted, so everything had to go.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking if you don't already, that you will really like the band Coldplay.

Staar84 said...

Oh Forever is going to make me cry SO hard, isn't it?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...