Friday, September 24, 2010

Maggie Does Spring Break, Sans Spring and Break

So I'm aware that normally on Fridays I post the music I've bought during the week, however, I just got into Daytona Beach for the SIBA conference. It is about 2 hours until I have to go to my first event, and I've discovered a few things.

First, that I've forgotten my hairbrush, toothbrush, and to update my iPod with my latest music. Also, that the internet only works in the bathroom. No, seriously. I just finished an interview while sitting on the bathroom counter, which feels tres New York Times Bestselling. On the one hand, it's really convenient to be within an arm's reach of tissues, toilet paper, a sink, and a hair dryer while working. On the other, it's a bit weird to watch this Maggie in the mirror an inch away from me typing away. I gotta tell you, she looks pretty darn speedy at that. I mean, I write at 90 words per minute, and I can't even guess how fast she's going.

Here, look, here we are. We get along.


I've also discovered that my hotel is right on the beach. Like, right on the beach. Like, I could spit on people in swim suits. This feels like an act of cruelty to me as a pasty, swimsuit-less author.

Also, my taxi driver amiably used more swear words in a twelve minute cab drive than I used in the entirety of the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I was very impressed.

I'm sure I'll have even more fascinating news from SIBA and Daytona Beach later on, from the oracular location of my hotel bathroom. Until then, I'm going to leave you with the only track I can firmly remember purchasing last week, without the benefit of my iTunes.



 
It's "New Low" by Middle Class Rut and if you tell me that it sounds like the 90s, rest assured, I KNOW. And I like it.

3 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

I love this song. Thanks for sharing!

Larissa said...

Hi Maggie! It was great to meet you and I loved your reading! :)

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Glad you liked it, Kat!

Larissa, I knew I recognized you (your little icon!) -- it was nice to meet you too -- sorry it was just for two moments!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...