Saturday, September 4, 2010

Reader/ Blogger Questions

Okay, in honor of finishing FOREVER, I'm tackling my e-mail that I have neglected for far too long and putting out a blog post saying if you have questions that you've been wanting me to tackle, post 'em here in the comments. I think I've pretty much answered all the questions I got last time I did this.

What a strange concept this is, having time to blog and e-mail and read books and swim. Huh!

(in random information, I wanted to make a funny talk bubble image for this post, so I searched for 'SNAPE HARRY' in google images to see if I could find some good base material and OH GREAT TITTIES OF THE GRAIN GODDESS AND MONA LISA I will not be typing that into a search engine any time soon.)


I hope life can only get better said... make me laugh! You come up with the best sayings ever. I might just have to use that one. (If you don't mind?) My question; Do you ever read any of the blogs of the people who follow you on blogger? Just curious. ( Iam mean not before you were so busy!) Thanks for keeping in touch with your fans :)

Riv Re said...

I googled that because I was wondering what made you freak out...
yeah, you stole the words right out of my mouth.
So...questions? Can you do a query post? Maybe show us one of your queryfails?
Oh! I have another question; tell us a little bit about your Super Secret Project, please with a cherry-red coffeemaker on top?

Karen in Ohio said...

Loved Shiver & Linger!

I'm a 49-year-old mother who starts out reading YA books because of my 14-year-old daughter & ends up getting totally involved. I'm so happy to hear that you've finished writing Forever & are happy with it! BTW, you I'm sure you have to know ;-)...a fantastic author.

Anyway, I was wondering if you have a publication date for Forever yet?? I'm totally impatient when it comes to book series. I like it best when I discover a series AFTER they've all been written. haha

You left so many wonderful loose ends to torment your fans at the end of Linger. Can't wait for them to come together in Forever. Have become almost as intrigued w/ Isabelle & Cole as w/ Grace & Sam. Great characters.

Thanks, Maggie, for sharing your many talents!


Zoƫ Marriott said...

Ha ha ha. Lo, these many years ago, a friend of mine dared me to Google Legolas/hobbit. I didn't even know what slash was before that; and I've never been able to look at elves the same way since.

Crystal Cook said...

I have a question and you may already have answered it. Sorry if you have, but here goes anyways, before you were published and you got rejection letters what did you do to not let yourself get TOO discouraged? You always seem to be so upbeat and happy, which I really admire. I was just wondering how you dealt with rejection in the beginning.

I bet they are soooo kicking themselves for regecting you :)

Oh, and congrats on finishing Forever!

UltimateShiverFan said...

Hello Maggie;
Shiver is my absolute favorite novel. I discovered it last year, just after it came out in August, and picked it up. Since then I reread it over and over, and it's one of the most beautiful novels I've ever read, and I thank you for writing it.
As soon as Linger came out, it joined Shiver on the book shelf. I devoured it, and loved it as well. The ending tore my heart out, and I will be aching for Forever. I hope that life works out for Sam and Grace-- Cole and Isabel as well. <3
So I'm thrilled your finished the first draft of Forever! I cannot wait to read it, sometime down the road.
I don't think I really have a question. But I just had to finally post! I've read your blog/twitter for ages. : )
Keep on Writing, Maggie!
(PS: I've made a few Shiver quizes a long time ago, if you google a bit they pop up! :) They are shown as made by UltimateShiverFan as well.
If you ever stumble across them, that would be amazing! )
--Ultimate Shiver Fan

Kate (A Reader's Review) said...

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer our questions. I really enjoy how personable you seem through your blog and how well you interact with your readers. I have 3 questions that I would like to ask you:

(1.) In a few of your posts awhile back, you mention that you still have a life outside of your career and that you read while writing. You almost imply that it's necessary so that you are being fed still while you are expending energy to write and to paint. Many how-to-write type books say that you have to learn to say “No” to your life, that you have to ignore everything going on around you and that you shouldn't read other books while you are writing. I'm sure there is some logic behind these statements, but I don't agree with them. They are very discouraging and unrealistic. I found your words both refreshing and encouraging.

So the first question would be, how do you balance work and life? (For instance, wake up a 4am and write for 2 hours; get the kids up at 7, pack their lunches while thinking about some problem you are stuck with; take the kids to school, come back and write for another couple hours, then rewrite for a couple hours; go for a run with the dog; pick the kids up and make dinner while you are thinking about what to paint that evening; etc...) Or does your husband help out with the domestic duties while you are focused on your writing? Sorry for the length, I just wanted to be clear.

(2.) What does your family think of your career?
(3.) When did you first admit to the world that you were an author?

A Readers Review

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...