Thursday, October 21, 2010

Events, Domestic, and Covers, Abroad

It's been approximately a million years since I've been home and so I am really behind on basic housekeeping. And by housekeeping, I mean mopping the kitchen floor, posting about U.S. events coming up, and sharing foreign covers that shock and awe me. So here it is.

I just checked into my flight for tomorrow morning, because I am heading off to Minneapolis, Minnesota for KidLitCon on Saturday, an conference about children's authors and the blogging world. That I've already announced, I think. But I don't think I've mentioned that on Friday night, I will be holding a roundtable discussion and signing with my two critique partners, Brenna Yovanoff & Tessa Gratton. We'll be talking about what makes a critique group work, how we met, and taking audience questions. (And of course Brenna will be signing copies of THE REPLACEMENT and I'll be happy to sign any of my books).

So, details of that: Friday, October 22nd, 7 p.m. Merry Sisters of Fate at the Loft. Suite 200, Open Book, 1011 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415 (612-215-2575)

And the other event I need to mention is the Halloween bash with the hilarious Jackson Pearce (SISTERS RED). We'll be at my favorite indie bookstore, Fountain Bookstore in Richmond, on Halloween, having a werewolf extravaganza. Not only will we be talking books, we'll be hosting a costume party. Winner gets a werewolf goodie bag which may or may not involve stuffed animals, werewolf books, Rilke, hand-drawn Shiver/ Linger paperdolls, or hatchets. Also, since it's Fountain Bookstore, home of Maggie-doodled books, I'll be doodling in everything I sign. And in case you needed any more convincing, there's also a ghost walk there in creepy-cool Shockoe Bottom. So you don't have to come for just us.

Details: Sunday, October 31st, 2-3 p.m. Halloween Werewolves with Maggie Stiefvater & Jackson Pearce. Fountain Bookstore/ Sam Miller's Restaurant. 1210 East Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23219-4118. (804) 788-1594. This IS a ticketed event ($8) - but if you buy a book there, it is $8 off the price of the book, so basically it's just the store's way of ensuring that you will buy a book at the event. And space is limited, so I'd book in advance.

And then, finally, some foreign covers. Collected into one place.

Dutch Edition of Lament

Indonesian Edition of Shiver

Serbian Edition of Lament

Serbian Edition of Ballad

Bulgarian Edition of Linger

Japanese Edition of Shiver

Latvian Edition of Ballad

Spanish edition of Lament (I think I
shared this before, but smaller)

Slovenian edition of Shiver

Slovakian edition of Shiver

Hungarian edition of Linger

Weird, yes? Now I'm going back to polishing my talk I'm giving at a conference on Sunday. I wrote it on the plane back from Frankfurt, and transcribing my notes is going to take me the rest of my life.


DJ's Life in Fiction said...

Hey, Maggie! I hope the events go well and that you have a great time! I love the covers, especially the Shiver one next to the Bulgarian Linger.

Zoë Marriott said...

I heart the Bulgarian Linger!

Good luck writing up your notes. I think you need it. Did you forget to bring a notebook on the plane or something? That tiny writing hurt MY eyes and I only looked for three seconds.

hi. i'm callie said...

i mean, i get the pictures and stuff on the covers, but WHY the need to change the spelling of your first name??? seems a bit strange, not to mention unnecessary. but also hilarious.

BookChic said...

So excited for the Halloween bash. Also, thanks for reminding me about the tickets. I had bought one for myself already but after reading about the tickets and limited space, it reminded me that I would need another since a friend of mine is coming along as well! I seriously cannot wait for this event- you and Jackson together are gonna be so hilarious. I'll have to be sure to get some video of the two of you.

RhiannonPaille said...

Really liking the Japanese Shiver cover. Sorry I always read and never post comments. Good luck with those notes! :)

itsmefaith said...

The Indonision and Japanese cova r reeeeeeeally uber cool!!!!!!!

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I only had three pieces of paper, Zoë!

Callie, I've no idea -- I think it makes it phonetic.

Thanks for posting, RhiannonPaille!!

See ya soon, James!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...