Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In Which Maggie Braves The Elements To Tour Europe (Again)

So you may have heard about the weather blowing across the UK and Europe. I've sort of been watching. They've been using words like "arctic" and "gale" and "too damn expensive to keep public transportation open you fools you fools!" and that's just in England. I'm heading off on tour tomorrow, with Lover in tow, and everyone keeps telling me to prepare. Bring lots of hats and scarves and gloves, they warn. Buy the heaviest coat you can find. Wear up to twenty inches of subcutaneous fat, like a whale, to stay warm.

So I did my best.

I bought these, which my husband say makes me look like I escaped from a prison for Dr. Seuss characters.

I also bought gloves without fingers.

I also made cookies.

Let no one say that Maggie Stiefvater doesn't know how to prepare for a trip.

So, if you happen to be French, Bulgarian, or Hungarian, watch out. I am Coming Your Way. In fact, here's the schedule of public events:

December 3rd
Signing at Hachette's Booth at the Montreuil Book Fair, Paris, France, 7:00-8:30 p.m.

December 4th
Signing at Hachette's Booth at the Montreuil Book Fair, Paris, France, 2:00-4:00 p.m.

December 8th
Signing at Alexandra Párizsi Nagyáruház, Magyarország 1061 Budapest, Andrássy út 39., 4:30 p.m.

December 10th
Questions & Answers/ Chat, International book fair. National palace of culture. Hall №8. Floor №5., 11 a.m.-1:00 p.m.

December 11th
Signing in Sofia, Penguin Bookstore, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2:00-3:00 p.m., http://www.pingvinite.bg/?cid=5&NewsId=271

December 11th
Masquerade Ball, Magical World Meeting: Folklore, Sofia, Bulgaria, 3:30-5:00 p.m., http://www.pingvinite.bg/?cid=5&NewsId=271


(and that is the Bulgarian edition of BALLAD on the right there)(it's keeping warm by setting fire to main characters, as you can see).

I feel I should possibly go buy another pair of socks.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...