Tuesday, January 4, 2011


There's just no clever way to fit all of these things into one post, but they need to be said, so here I go.

1. I finished Secret Novel on January 1st, just under my deadline wire. I've been writing for about 12 hours a day since December 12th, so I was surprised to find that when I stopped writing for 12 hours a day, I have free time. Huh!

2. Secret Novel, before you ask (well, some of you already have), is due to come out next fall, pretty soon after FOREVER (which is July 12th). It will not be Secret too much longer.

UK Edition of Lament 3. LAMENT came out in the UK yesterday, with its spiffy new cover. Also, it has no f-bombs, unlike the US version.

4. I hear rumors that LINGER is coming out in Brazil this month too. I'll post a link and cover when I find it. When you have 36 foreign publishers, it's like every month is release month! Whoo!

5. 36 is a lot.

6. I am really, really behind on e-mails and blog comments but I'm playing catch-up this week. So if you start getting a lot of email notifications as I reply to your comments . . . that's why.

7. I'm going to be doing a butt-kicking New Years Resolution post tomorrow. Just warning you.

Frankfurt Shapeshifting8. People have been asking me about my tee-shirt that I wear everywhere. (Seen at right in Germany . . . but there are sightings of me wearing it all over the world). I made it because you just can't find quality shape-shifting tee shirts at Wal-Mart. If you want one, they're here.

9. I went and saw Tangled in 3D and it was, hands down, the most gorgeous animated film I've ever seen. Go see it. I'm taking my sister to see it again this afternoon. No seriously. Go. Now. Everything else can wait for DVD. GOOOOO.

10. Now that I'm done with Secret Novel, I've been reading TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD for the first time -- almost done -- and I feel that it's rubbing off on me. In any case I've been trying to work out "I'm going to wear you out!" into polite punitive conversation and when I played Bananagrams with my family last night, my words were things like "juries," "lynch," and "mob."

I now return you to your regularly scheduled web surfing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...