Monday, May 2, 2011


First of all, I should mention to everyone asking that Jonas & Plunkett's version of "Summer Girl," along with another beautiful song very appropriate to the series, "Uncovered," are now available on iTunes: here.

Now, the contest. The FOREVER contest . . .

I'm trying something different this time to see if I can make it not take MY ENTIRE LIFE to manage all of the entries. I'm going to be going through ContestMachine and seeing if that helps streamline the process for both entering and counting entries, so let me know how it is for you.

Those of you who have been here awhile know how this works. I have a handful of prizes, and in order to be eligible to win them, you have to embed the video on your blog or FB, or you can link to it in your twitter (the latter makes you eligible for different prizes, so PLEASE read the instructions carefully!)

The prizes are as follows:

1) reading FOREVER early. I do not have any advanced review copies of FOREVER like I did for LINGER, nor does anyone else in the world, but I pleaded with Scholastic for SOMETHING to give away for this contest and they said they would find some sort of early edition of FOREVER for the grand prize winner, to be mailed at the end of May. That's a month and a half early.

2) An advanced review copy of THE SCORPIO RACES (better known as Secret Novel)

3) A Shiver Keepsake Box filled with secret goodies.

4) A signed, doodled hardcover copy of LINGER.

5) Linger Tank tops (4 winners will get these)

6) A Wolf from the FOREVER trailer (5 winners will get these)

7) Signed Bookplates (5 winners will get these)

Now, to be eligible for prizes 1-5, you have to embed the video on either your blog or your Facebook. It can't show up as a link, it must show up as a video. The blog must be hosted on a site that is 100% dedicated to blogging (for instance Blogger, Wordpress, LJ, Tumblr, but NOT things like Goodreads) and you must be 100% in control of the content (no group blogs or communities). In order to be a valid entry, it has to have the video and a link to buy the book:

There are two versions of the trailer, one with my music, and one with Jonas & Plunkett's fantastic version of "Summer Girl" from SHIVER. I don't care which one you embed, but if you use the one with Jonas & Plunkett's music, it would be very kind to also include a link to where folks can find the song for sale:

If you win, I reserve the right to verify that the thing was up there. You may enter multiple times if you have both a blog and a facebook (each embed counts as one entry).

And THIS is where you enter for that:   I sure do hope that works.

Now, for those of you who only have twitters or can only link on your facebook, etc., there is a second half of the contest. To be eligible to win prizes 6 & 7, you must link to one of the two versions of the trailer. I'm not going to make you say something excited, but I'd like it if you did, anyway. ;p To enter for that, post a link to where you linked it here in the comments, and that counts as your entry. One entry per place. You can enter in both halves of the contest if you have a twitter and a FB, etc, but you have to enter in the two different places in order for me to count the entries properly. Again, this may be verified by me if you win.

HERE are the embed codes for blogs (copy and paste only the parts between the <>):

MY VERSION:  <iframe width="560" height="349" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JONAS AND PLUNKETT VERSION: <iframe width="560" height="349" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the links for FB and twitter, etc (Facebook will usually show the video as embedded if you paste just the link in your status and wait a moment for it to come up before you hit "post"):



What else do I need to say?

The contest is INTERNATIONAL.

The contest begins now and runs until the morning of MAY 16TH.

The contest prizes will be mailed out the last week of May.

I'm sorry that this is so long and so detailed, but these things tend to get huge, with several thousand entries, and I have learned to be insane with the details and rules. Pretty much it's common sense, but if you have any questions, let me know. (I will delete them after I answer to keep the comments clear for entry counting).

Thanks, guys!!!! wHoo!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...