Thursday, August 25, 2011

On Writing

On Twitter and Facebook, I promised to answer a writing question before I left for Australia today, and asked what that question should be.  So many of the questions that came in were ones that I'd already tackled that I realized what I needed to do was not answer another question, but organize the stuff I'd already blogged about. When I started to organize the blog posts, I realized . . . I talk about writing a lot.


WRITING

How to Write a Novel


Seven Steps to Starting a Novel


Novels, on Starting Them

How I Prep for Writing a Novel

How Many Words/ Pages Should my Book Be? also Making your book longer than 30 pages

Staying Focused on One Project

Rough drafting


Writer's Block


On treating readers badly


CHARACTERS

Knowing Your Characters


Purposeful Characterization

Why Normal People Can't Be Characters

On Stylizing Characters


On Harming Characters


AFTER THE NOVEL: REVISING

Revision, Part 1

Revision, Part 2

Revision, Part 3

Questions on Revision


Revising for Mood


Death to Line Editing


Finding a critique partner



AFTER THE NOVEL: QUERYING

Courageous Querying

10 Rules for Query Letters



INSPIRATION

Being a writer, but also being something else

Books that feed me

Reading as inspiration


On Writerly Confidence:

On Writerly Angst

More on being a writer




MISCELLANEOUS


Writing for your audience

My early terrible writing

Miscellaneous Writing Questions
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...