Tuesday, November 1, 2011

UK & Ireland Tour!

Finally, finally, I have the dates for my public appearances in the UK and Ireland. Even though I'll be there for quite a stretch (5-16th), there's only three events open to the public. Everything else is conferences and school visits, etc. I'm sorry we couldn't fit more in, but trust me when I tell you that only one evening on my schedule is designated "free evening after 5 p.m."* I wish that I could've made it further north and also further afield in Ireland, but it's not me mapping the tours.** Next time?**

*I am doing my best to explain all of this so I will get fewer "WHY DO YOU HATE MANCHESTER?" "WHY DO YOU HATE GLASGOW?" "WHY DO AUTHORS NEVER COME TO _______" comments. 

**The publisher is sensibly aware that if the tour was left up to me, I'd end up with events in tiny towns in Yorkshire, Snowdonia, Stirling, and possibly Donegal. These are not, you may be surprised to know, look anything like dense population centers.

***There will be a next time. Next year. I'm sure.

So there are three. And the big thing I have to announce is that at the London event, Jonas & Plunkett will be performing. You remember Jonas & Plunkett:

Yes. Yes, indeed. I am Pleased.

Without further ado:

November 9: 6-8 p.m. Signing & Discussion, DUBLIN
Level 3 Unit 12-14 Dundrum Town Centre, Sandyford Road, Dundrum, Dublin 14
details here: http://www.dundrum.ie/events/a-new-chapter-for-easons/

November 12, 1:30-3:30 PM: Signing & Discussion, LONDON
Foyles, Charing Cross Road, London
details here: http://www.foyles.co.uk/Public/Events/Upcoming.aspx

November 12, 7:30 PM: Signing & Discussion, LIVERPOOL
Public talk and signing from 7.30pm at a special venue in central Liverpool. More details to follow soon!

As always, I'm happy to sign as many books as you bring as long as you buy at least one from the hosting store to help them cover the costs and trouble of having an author event. Thanks for that!

I'm really pleased that I'll be coming to the UK again — I love it, and I would happily spend months and months there. One day I will even come when it is warm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...