Saturday, April 7, 2012

Two Virginia Events Added

I always feel a little tremulous about adding Virginia events to my calendar because I, like all authors, fear the prophet-in-your-home-town effect of local events. There is nothing weirder than having lovely events elsewhere and expecting to come home to a lovely event bolstered by family and friends and then discover that somehow, you have lost your family and friends and in fact, no one else got the memo either. In past years, I've actually managed to have more family and friends show up at the events hundreds of miles away than just down the road.

NONETHELESS it has been a long time since I've done events really close to my stomping grounds, and we have added two to the May calendar. Also, they're not just events but awesome events because John Corey Whaley will also be at them. You will recall, gentle readers, that I adored his book.

So here are two events that are really, really in my stomping grounds. In fact, the Jabberwocky Books store is about 50 feet away from where I first took bagpipe lessons, 500 feet away from where I first met my husband in college, and a mile away from my old alma mater. It's also really close to the used bookstore that I completely ganked for the bookstore in the Shiver series. The plus side to coming to the events close to my house, though, is that I tend to bring loads of extra foreign editions and swag to give away, because I don't have to bring it on a plane.

May 17th, Printz Event with John Corey Whaley, 6 p.m.
Jabberwocky Books, 810 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
https://www.facebook.com/events/353722794662830

May 18th, Printz Event with John Corey Whaley, 7 p.m
Hooray for Books, 1555 King St., Alexandria, Virginia 22314
https://www.facebook.com/events/201851039929762
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...