Of course, the reveal of the trailer coincides with a contest for advanced review copies. This is my most grandiose one yet, as I have ten copies to give away.
The rules are very simple:
Post the trailer online somewhere, let me know where it is, and that’s your entry. Broken down:
1. All entries MUST be entered at this link, on the Contest Machine site. Links in the blog comments or on the Facebook post don’t count and WILL BE IGNORED by a WRATHFUL AUTHOR.
2. Post this trailer anywhere on the internet to count as an entry. Well, most anywhere. Post a link to it on your Twitter account. On your facebook wall. In a blog post. Tumblr. Things that you don’t have sole ownership don’t count, so -- forums and things like that. Seriously, this is a common sense thing.
3. Each link counts as an entry, so enter them separately. If you post on your FB, Twitter, and your blog, enter three times with the link to each place in a unique entry. Do not enter the same link multiple times or you’ll be disqualified, baby. I have tolerance of technical errors, but zippo patience for cheating.
4. These advanced review copies are of the U.S. edition and are provided by my U.S. publisher, and they say this contest is U.S. only. So if you live out of the country, you MUST have a U.S. address to be a winner. Sorry! I know.
5. If you win, you have to e-mail me back with your mailing address within 24 hours, because Lover will be shipping this out before joining me in the UK, and that’s the window of opportunity. If you don’t reply, I’m giving it to the next person I draw, right that second.
I think I’ve covered the questions that normally come up on these things. It runs:
June 4th, 5:00 a.m. - June 11th, 5:30 p.m.
If you want the html to embed the actual trailer in your blog (thanks for that!), it’s this:
And if you don’t want to bother with all this fuss and instead would like to make me a very happy author by pre-ordering the book, remember that aside from options like the major online retailers and your local bookstore, the independent bookstore Fountain Bookstore ships signed copies of all my books all over the world (you have to email them to arrange international shipping). If you PREORDER from Fountain Bookstore, I will not only doodle in your book, I will sign it on this fancy limited edition bookplate that I had made just for this occasion. Yes, that is my art from the trailer. Oooh? Aaah?
Anyway, I hope you like the trailer, and those of you entering the contest, GOOD LUCK.