Thursday, July 26, 2012

Three Things: Ironman, Batman, and the Beach

I have been quiet on my blog because of these three things.

1. I was at San Diego Comic-Con. These were there.

San Diego Comic-Con, Ironman

So was this.

 San Diego Comic-Con - Batmobile

2. Speaking of that, I saw the Batman movie. I was . . . underwhelmed. I've thought about it a lot over the past 24 hours, trying to decide why I was underwhelmed when so many of my peers thought it was brilliant, and I think it's because the ending was quite nifty. I thought the entire thing was an hour and a half too long and very self-consciously dark/ manipulative (let's add tension to this scene by adding some civilians. I know, how about a BUSLOAD OF ORPHANS!). I couldn't get past that, but Lover could, because the ending was so very much what we both wanted. So. Don't let me stop you from seeing it, but know that I miss the days of 100 minute films.

3. I went to the beach with my in-laws. I made this:

 My Sand Horse

 (the horse, not the bikini or the sunglasses).

 My Sand Horse

I'll be back next week and blogging lengthily about SOMETHING, I'm sure.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...