Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Pile of News

This shall be a small pile of miscellaneous news. I know I have been silent, but it's because I have been touring and lurking in places with no internet. I've wanted to communicate with the outside world. Really. Truly. I have things to say. But my cell phone dowsing for signal has been unsuccessful. So. Without further ado:

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater1. The US paperback of The Scorpio Races is officially out today. It has some cool things the hard cover doesn't: several deleted scenes, my Printz speech, an interview with my editor, and the recipe for the November Cakes. The recipe you can already get online, but the other stuff is exclusive. It also has this new cover.

2. I am celebrating the release of The Scorpio Races by being in the part of the world I spent the most time researching the location of that book. The timing is coincidental. But I like it. Even though it is the reason why I don't really have any internet at the moment. Here is where I am:




whitby

3. On the heels of the 2013 Critique Partner Love Connection, it seems pretty appropriate that news of my next project just went live. Here's the official summary:  

The Curiosities: A Collection of StoriesMaggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton and Brenna Yovanoff's THE ANATOMY OF CURIOSITY, a companion to their earlier THE CURIOSITIES, and a conversational step-by-step guide to their writing/ critiquing process and relationship, with new original stories by the authors in first and final draft forms, again to Andrew Karre at Carolrhoda Lab, for publication in Fall 2014, by Laura Rennert at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency for Stiefvater and Gratton, and Sarah Davies at the Greenhouse Literary Agency for Yovanoff (world English).

Like The Curiosities, it will involve new short fiction and doodled marginalia* from each of us, but unlike The Curiosities, we're really digging in to the critique and revision process and making a level effort to show our thought processes at every step of the writing process. To do that, we're going to dissect lengthy stories from each of us.

 *here is what a sample page of The Curiosities looks like.

 page 51

4. I did a quite extended interview with London Real and it's available on YouTube and on iTunes. It's an hour and a half long which means you will see more of my face than I see myself. We cover cars and fainting goats and The Dream Thieves.

5. Thus concludes my news.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...